Possible Throttle body issue on a 03 Lincoln ls

Dewanjd

2003 lincoln ls
Reaction score
Okay, so my Ls has been in the shop for just about a month now and its really pissing me off. Originally it was in the shop for a pcm issue and it needed to be replaced. About 4 weeks ago my car went into fail safe mode and would not restart. I had the car towed to my house and found that the pcm was burnt due to the smell and looking at the fried board when I took it apart. Before It went into fail safe mode it was running like crap and shaking horribly. When I found out about the pcm issue I had it towed and ordered a new pcm for the dealership to install. Once installed they where unable to start the car due to no power coming from the coils, which required them to replace the fuse box. After doing this they where able to start the car, but it was still running like crap so they replaced 3 coils that where bad.

Okay, so now that you have the background information here is the current problem.

The dealership got it started and it runs fine with no misses or shaking. Now there is no power to the accelerator, personally I think its the TPS or Throttle body that is the issue but they are saying the pcm is the issue. Originally when they first started the car they had to jump the fuse off and found that there was no power getting to the fuse box so they replaced it. Due to them doing so they are telling me that the pcm was damaged because of this causing the acceleration issue.

My way of thinking on this is different. I say this only because when I scanned the car originally I did get codes pointing to the TPS system. With the pcm replaced there are no codes present now. My question is could it be the pcm that is the issue or am I just wasting time having them replace the pcm once again a third time. (I also informed them about the codes as well)

Members online

Back