Possible New Wheels, What Do You Think?

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I found a set of 19" Moda wheels for $300 locally. What do you think? They are polish aluminum. I think they will look good on the MKZ.

3k13pd3l85O75R75Sb9bf70fb6dad47ce10d2.jpg

Found a better deal. Moda MD5' for $89 each on Tirerack. Then I found them for $49 each on another site. I contacted the other site to verify the $49 each. If that is the currect price, I will be ordering the the Moda MD5's.

moda_md5_bsml_ci3_l.jpg

Unfortunately, only the Moda MD7 comes in the LSes offset and bolt pattern. They come in 18"s only for $142 each.

moda_md7_maa_ci3_l.jpg

The good news bad news.

Good news. I found another site that is selling the Moda MD5's for $49. I am waiting to confirm the price. Before I order them. The other site I found them on. Kept sending me to Tirerack for checkout.

Bad news. Tirerack said they couldn't honor the price. And didn't understand why the other sites checkout would send me to them.

Good news. The guy has a set of Moda R6's for sale. I have him down to $300. They are 19"x8". My 245/35/19's will mount on them.

Bad news. The offset is 42-55. Which is the high end for the MKZ offset of 32-42. If I don't get the Moda MD5's on monday, I will go checkout the Moda R6's. test fit them to see for clearance. Make sure the caliper clears and that there is room around the strut.

The website that was advertising the Moda MD5's for $49 said "it was a mistake". Something about the site search engine posting parts they didn't carry blah, blah, blah.

Guess, I will be making a little trip. The private sellor lives about 45 minutes from me. Bit of a drive. Hope the rims fit. It would suck to drive that far and waste all that time for nothing.

I know this is an old thread,but I was wondering if you got the Moda wheels?
I have the same ones you posted at the top. Mine are 18's though. I run 245/45/18
They are some great looking wheels!

I never got around to making the deal. BUT I did look the sellor up. He still has them. I have him down to $275 for the set. We are going to try to meet up monday thur wednesday to test fit them. IF they fit, I will be getting them.:D

Also, been looking at the 3D Carbon lip kit. Selling on Ebay for $600 with free shipping.

Looks like the MKZ is getting a makeover.:cool: Wheel, lip-kit, and tinted windows. Just have to keep the wife from hitting anything.:lol:

MKZ custom 05.jpg

I've only seen one MKZ with the 3DCarbon body kit on it. So post pics as you progress through this. We leased a zephyr for two years so I am familiar with the car. Good luck getting everything, those wheels look great!

Looking forward to seeing those wheels on that car! The lip as well.

I got the wheels.:) Try to get the tires on this weekend. Will post some pictures of them. I am waiting till the winter is over to put them on the MKZ.

If you get 19" or bigger your ride will be very bumpy unless you change other parts (coils, s-bars,suspension, etc) meaning you will end up paying ~$3000 or more!

Not true. !9's WILL give you a stuffer ride. But with the wider tires better handling. Tit for tat.:rolleyes: You can't go hitting potholes and railroad track crossing at full speed. But you would not want to do that with factory wheels either.:lol:

BTW Why would you post a on topic that is over a year old. When I started a new topic with the new wheels on my MKZ a few days ago????????:rolleyes:

Pic of the wheels on the MKZ.

MKZ 01.jpg

Not true. !9's WILL give you a stuffer ride. But with the wider tires better handling. Tit for tat.:rolleyes: You can't go hitting potholes and railroad track crossing at full speed. But you would not want to do that with factory wheels either.:lol:

BTW Why would you post a on topic that is over a year old. When I started a new topic with the new wheels on my MKZ a few days ago????????:rolleyes:

Pic of the wheels on the MKZ.

I just joined to this site and I do not know how much alive this is. Also I replied to the last post from January although the thread was created long ago that is true.

I see what you mean with rims and I would say it depends on the driver who likes what. The gel type old Buick/Lexus GS/ES soft ride that is pretty much disconnected from the ground or you like feeling the road having more control and steer response. My neighbor bought a 2005 BMW 528i on the same day when I got my 2006 Lincoln Zephyr Sport and he got 20' rims. I think it was ugly made his car look like the "pimp my ride" cars but his ride comfort became terrible. SO he went back to 18".

By the way even he (being a HUGE BMW fan) admitted that overall my Zephyr Sport edition is better than his BMW 528i ride so that's a credit for Lincoln!

I like your rim it reminds me to Acura TL factory rim (18") but that is a complement. I got brand new Yokohama YK520 245/45/ tires replacing the previous same set. What tires do you run on?

Funny you say that. The previous owner had them on an Acura RSX.:lol:

Funny you say that. The previous owner had them on an Acura RSX.:lol:

Haha yes looks Acura rim I told ya!

Just checked out your MKZ images. Impressive! :)
I do not have that much time and money to spend on my Zephyr but I like modest tuning or modification. Do you know any site where I could check how much would it cost to get a new steering wheel (black leather/silver accent). Mine is worn.

Also how the hell can I get rid of rattle behind the dash/center console? At 1750 rpm especially in 3rd gear it resonates! gheez :confused:

Haha yes looks Acura rim I told ya!

Just checked out your MKZ images. Impressive! :)
I do not have that much time and money to spend on my Zephyr but I like modest tuning or modification. Do you know any site where I could check how much would it cost to get a new steering wheel (black leather/silver accent). Mine is worn.

Also how the hell can I get rid of rattle behind the dash/center console? At 1750 rpm especially in 3rd gear it resonates! gheez :confused:

Try Ebay for the wheel. I was on Ebay today just browsing. Found a ton of LS wheels for sale. You might get lucky and find a MKZ wheel on there.

The rattle....... You have an aftermarket headunit? Something may not be tighten down. Or something that should have been removed was left behind.

Try Ebay for the wheel. I was on Ebay today just browsing. Found a ton of LS wheels for sale. You might get lucky and find a MKZ wheel on there.

The rattle....... You have an aftermarket headunit? Something may not be tighten down. Or something that should have been removed was left behind.

Okay so ebay! thanks!

I have everything stock and factory except air filter (that is K&N) and tire (that is Yokohama YK520 245/45/17). I hate that rattle and even if somehow the center console or dash could be taken out I do not know how to fix the bolts. Stealership asks a LOT to fix any rattle and I got doubt in most of the shops' ability to fix. I do not know from where that rattle comes from exactly. When I park and rev the engine there is no rattle just when I am in drive gear.

Okay so ebay! thanks!

I have everything stock and factory except air filter (that is K&N) and tire (that is Yokohama YK520 245/45/17). I hate that rattle and even if somehow the center console or dash could be taken out I do not know how to fix the bolts. Stealership asks a LOT to fix any rattle and I got doubt in most of the shops' ability to fix. I do not know from where that rattle comes from exactly. When I park and rev the engine there is no rattle just when I am in drive gear.

Right after I posted. I went ot Ebay and found two tan with woodgrain.

Do you have a warrnaty? The rattle would be covered. How soon did you buy it? You might have a temperary warranty from the dealer so many days from purchase.

Right after I posted. I went ot Ebay and found two tan with woodgrain.

Do you have a warrnaty? The rattle would be covered. How soon did you buy it? You might have a temperary warranty from the dealer so many days from purchase.

I got the Zephyr sport that has black/silver interior not the beige/wood.
I bought it used from Lincoln dealership with 60.000 miles on it. Now I got 67k on it. I do not have bumper to bumper warranty and the extended power train will expire this year with 70k miles. That stupid buzzing drives me crazy 3rd gear 1500 to 1750 rpm! Very annoying.

Overall it is a great car just some interior accessory problems I have. The door handle broke inside ($250 to fix), the leather upholstery at the air vent where the windshield is started pupping up with the plastic air vent cover. The bolts were fine the leather started popping up pulling everything. For the repair the whole windshield had to be replaced, driver side window squeaks sometime (but not always) the Lincoln factory tint on windows is streaked somewhat (I guess due to debris), gear shift handle is a bit loose, there is another type of buzzing behind the center console clock/air vent due to road type (not just the rpm driven rattle), the ride is bumpy and clunky (I have no idea why, even with brand new tires) comparing to my previous Chrysler and my gf's Lexus GS or other regular non entry luxury cars.

Since it is the sport edition it has better handling and cornering capability than the regular MKZ or many other cars on the road in this category. No body roll like in Lexus ES/GS or Buick Lacrosse or Chrysler 300. Plus I got 245/45 tires that helps too for handling. I wish it had bit more power though like the Duratec 35 engine has. Transmission shifts pretty fast but 1dt to 2nd is "jumpy" at low speed (got ATF change at 60k). Engine sound is great I love that when I push the car and my mixed city/hw mpg is around 21-22. Looks classy inside and out but inside it should be a bit more modern though. Overall very good car for the price I paid for it I love it better than my Chrysler ans VW just have some annoying issues.

I got the Zephyr sport that has black/silver interior not the beige/wood.
I bought it used from Lincoln dealership with 60.000 miles on it. Now I got 67k on it. I do not have bumper to bumper warranty and the extended power train will expire this year with 70k miles. That stupid buzzing drives me crazy 3rd gear 1500 to 1750 rpm! Very annoying.

Overall it is a great car just some interior accessory problems I have. The door handle broke inside ($250 to fix), the leather upholstery at the air vent where the windshield is started pupping up with the plastic air vent cover. The bolts were fine the leather started popping up pulling everything. For the repair the whole windshield had to be replaced, driver side window squeaks sometime (but not always) the Lincoln factory tint on windows is streaked somewhat (I guess due to debris), gear shift handle is a bit loose, there is another type of buzzing behind the center console clock/air vent due to road type (not just the rpm driven rattle), the ride is bumpy and clunky (I have no idea why, even with brand new tires) comparing to my previous Chrysler and my gf's Lexus GS or other regular non entry luxury cars.

Since it is the sport edition it has better handling and cornering capability than the regular MKZ or many other cars on the road in this category. No body roll like in Lexus ES/GS or Buick Lacrosse or Chrysler 300. Plus I got 245/45 tires that helps too for handling. I wish it had bit more power though like the Duratec 35 engine has. Transmission shifts pretty fast but 1dt to 2nd is "jumpy" at low speed (got ATF change at 60k). Engine sound is great I love that when I push the car and my mixed city/hw mpg is around 21-22. Looks classy inside and out but inside it should be a bit more modern though. Overall very good car for the price I paid for it I love it better than my Chrysler ans VW just have some annoying issues.

$250 to fix??
I wish I would have seen this post to save you that cost. I was able to remove the interior door handle within the front left door panel in under 30 minutes on a 2008 Lincoln mkZ 3.5L V6 shown here ().

Cheers!

Members online

Back