Posi

MarkAte

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
looking to get posi for the mark. just wondering what my options were, or what rears i could pull one from. im strapped on time, and money....... looking for something cheap and easy. any help?

Cheap and easy and gear swap aren't really good friends....

Whats your actual budget?

For gear choices, the sky is the limit, there are tons of ratios out there for the 8.8... 4.10 is most popular, I went with 4.30's.

For posi... again lots of options, I would go with an OEM Tlock....

i was actually just looking to pull something from a junk yard. im not sure if im right in saying this, but im pretty sure the explorer unit would work.

and is it something i can get from any 8.8 rear...

Lets see.... Explorer unit older than 01 will not work.... and I think they changed away from 8.8 around that time.

Any carrier from an 01 or earlier solid axle car will be a no go... you will want to look for supercoupes, Xr7's and the like to find a tlock in a yard. Once you get it out though you will need to set it up in your third member, or swap a whole third out of a Tbird/cougar, but it will be steel.

Every t-bird Super coupe from 89-95 had t-lock except 94-95 with auto trans,also some LX's had t-locks .Don't get one from regular 6 cylinder as they have 7.5 rear end.5-speeds came with 2.73 gear and autos with 3.08.
You can also get a pumpkin from 99 cobra which had 3.27 gears stock.

01 had the 31 spline. New track lok are fairly cheap....M-4204-F288 listing for $215.00 and cost LVC $192.00. I had a fall sale that was really inexpensive with gears and all. Better that mucking around in some old nasty gear oil on the ground.

Max

Mark... go to a junkyard and ask them for a 28 spline 8.8 IRS tracloc. I'm pretty sure some of the exloders were in fact the same rear. Let me dig around a bit and see what I can come up with. ILLS has a bunch of explorer info. PM him and see what he has to say.

Yep, that LSD is already sold. It's in my garage, waiting to see which shim kit I need (if one is needed), then being installed in the LS.

And if you call right now we'll include this great little thermometer in your spoon at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.

That's right, you can know in an INSTANT if the information your being spoonfed over the internet is HOT CORRECT INFORMATION or DOWNRIGHT COLD BS!

Spoon_Thermometer.jpg

Order right now and we'll double your order for FREEE!!!!
1-800-Spoonfeedme

not valid with any other offer, your mileage may vary, if experiencing an erection lasting more than 4 hours.. YOU DA MAN!

P.S. 99 cobra is a direct bolt in.

(good deed for the month of january..CHECK)
back to trolling..who this week?
LS guys, nah that's so last week.
Contenintal guys, nah... that forums dead.

Lemme see which one of the moderators I can yank out of the rafters today

Side note..

If you have an LSC with 327 gears..
if you go to 410's you might be disappointed as I was when I went from 307's to 373's {almost the same numeric increase)

if you get the 99 cobra center section it's gonna have 373's and going from 327's to 373's is a complete waste of time..

Just for clarification.

I got everything from Max. Not that much more then a used unit and a rebuild kit. I'm happy with my 4.10s

Keep there is a good chance you will need a new driveshaft to go with the gears.

Members online

No members online now.
Back