Porting a cobra intake

I plan on gasket matching mine before putting it on the car... I also am going to polish the top cover....

Maybe I will port out the extra second gen intake I have and post up some pics....

Not to many people have done it on the Mark. Plenty of Cobra guys have with good results however it will move the powerband up to a degree depending on how much porting and if you shorten the runners so I wouldn't think of it without at least gears if not a higher stall converter as well. I plan on putting a ported short runner Cobra intake on my car in the next moth or two. However I have 4.10s and a 3500 stall. The car has head gasket problems now so I won't have before and after dyno numbers.

alright thanks to all the respones and info guys. i got the intake today but its not going into the car till like july, so i got time to learn and do more research. and i will deffenently be looking for those pics kk when they come.

He's on the corral too. Knows his stuff

that good to know i am also on corral my name over there is 6speedmark i think i have a total of 2 posts lol. but i do go there often great info on the 4V's over there and love to see all of there projects.

that good to know i am also on corral my name over there is 6speedmark i think i have a total of 2 posts lol. but i do go there often great info on the 4V's over there and love to see all of there projects.

That's why I go over there don't post much but it's a good place to find 4V parts

I have a 94 mark with a 98 cobra intake that is ported and had intake runners shortened with IMRC deletes. Even though supercharged, it makes alot of jam down low with the 4.30's and 3500 stall.

That sounds like a sick mark madmark but i only have 4.10's and am still N/A i hope it will be ok. i guess if i really have to i will just launch the car at a higher RPM.

That sounds like a sick mark madmark but i only have 4.10's and am still N/A i hope it will be ok. i guess if i really have to i will just launch the car at a higher RPM.

You should be fine as long as you don't go crazy on the intake. Shouldn't take off more then an inch or two off the runners.

And Madmarkman that car sounds sick. Got any vids of it making a pass?

You should be fine as long as you don't go crazy on the intake. Shouldn't take off more then an inch or two off the runners.

yea i think i will just keep the cobra intake completly stock. i plan on also getting geno's cold air intake and Maf so that should help.

That does sound like a badass Mark... but boosted is nothing like NA when it comes to IMRC's and runner length....

Only one good pass last fall. Trying to get it on the website ASAP.

heres a link to my car at the track from last fall.
YouTube - lincoln mark viii
The popping at the end of the track is it sitting on the limiter for the last 150 ft. Going to a taller tire now and locking the converter early in 3rd. That pass was only an 11.51 @ 110 mph.

Wow !!! That is one hell of a fast Mark Vlll, congradulations on putting that together.

Here's a pic of mine with the runners out.

100_3716.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back