"POP" front suspesion

01lssport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if someone could help me out? I have been getting a "POP" sound from the front driver side tire. I got under the car yesterday to check out the ball joints and tierod ends (OK) only to find the bottom strut bolt about on the driver side about ready to fall out. Tightened it back up and checked the other side just to make sure. I was very happy to finally get rid of that noise but the minute I left the shop and made a right hand turn under 3/4 throttle I got the "POP". Any ideas wouold be great. thanx.

With the bolt coming loose did it bore out the hole bigger by chance? I remember those bolts fit pretty snug in there....

dc

I'm not so sure on the popping noise you're hearing but you could probably eliminate stabilzer bar, links, and struts. However, things you could not eliminate would be ball joints, tie rod ends, and your strut mounts. Also, you shouldn't be tightening the strut tower bolts very tight as they only call for 21lbs of torque. I hope you don't think tigtening them down until you can't tighten them anymore is good........because its not. I would also check your steering linkage........you never know. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Members online

No members online now.
Back