poor headlamp performance

Limey

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions to improve the lights on my '92 LSC?:confused:
I haven't tried polishing the plastic lenses yet as they look to be in very good condition anyway.

The lights were really quite poor so I fitted a pair of 'extra bright' bulbs. You know those blue Xenon things. Now they are really c**p !!!:mad:

Only two reasons I can think of for this:
1) They're cheap bulbs and are just rubbish
2) They are 80W dip and 100W main beam. what are the stock bulbs rated at? I'm wondering that if the stock dip filament is 55W and the wiring is designed for 55W and no more, then the 80W demand will be making the wiring act as a resistor, so making the bulb not reach it's correct brilliance.
What do you think?

The light is a nice white daylight type light and not blue at all. There's just not enough of it!

Blue lights (fake xenons) reduce a useable part of the light spectrum. I would suggest installing a pair of Sylvannia XtraVisions. They might be OSRAM over in Europe. Relaying your headlights will also help. I have done this and am pleased with the results. Consider swapping bulbs to a 9007 design at this time as the rewiring will make the switch easy. The filament is better located in the 9007. Check out www.danielsternlighting.com for relaying the lights.

Members online

No members online now.
Back