Poly suspension bushings?

97stscaddy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there any company that makes polyurethane suspension bushings for the LS?
Does anyone know?
I've had some issues with excess movement in the rear suspension and I've pretty much narrowed it down to the rear upper control arm bushings. But if I'm gonna do the uppers, I might as well do the lowers as well. And I'd like to do them in polyurethane so I don't have to worry about them ever again.

I'd be concerned about the increase in NVH with poly at those locations. Sway bar bushings are one thing..but once you start talking about control arms and trailing arms..

NVH?

I don't see why it would be a problem. Ive done poly bushings on 2 of my previous cars and never had trouble with them.

Noise, Vibration, Harshness. Industry term amongst all car manufacturers..and the reason why manufacturers dont use poly bushings in production cars. Poly is harsher (due to less "give") and will eventually squeak..unless you crawl under and relube every so often. Thats why those energy suspension poly bushings in the other thread have the lube nipple. Rubber doesnt need lube and provides more "give" resulting in less NVH

Well there are many many different types of urethane as far as hardness is concerned.

Finding the right amount of "give" might take some experimenting. I would think a polyurethane bushing with the same durometer hardness as the stock rubber bushing would work just fine. Plus it would be more resistant to dry rotting, fatigue, and oil/grease contamination.

From digging around on Google and searching here it doesn't appear that anyone makes or has made poly bushings for the LS so I might have to strike out on my own and find a company that can custom make them for me.

If anyone else is interested in something like this let me know. And when/if I find something I'll start another thread about it.

I hear you..but Im guessing there is a reason why NO auto manufacturer uses poly from the factory. Not even AMG or //M. And no, I cant accept that "cost" would be the factor.

There's no actual kit for the LS. You have to take the bushings out of the vehicle, measure and size, then order it from the company based off the dimensions of what you need for specific size.

Members online

No members online now.
Back