Polling LS Owners

I'm a male age 51.I recently bought a used 2001 LS6 manual. I love/hate the car....no low end grunt, great suspension and balance. Very 'taurus-esque' inside with NO CD PLAYER!! This was a $30+ thousand dollar car! I'm buying a house and decided to 'downsize' the budget allotment for a car, so I sold the Audi A6/2.7t which is in a whole different league as far as interior design and materials. All in all though, I'm pretty happy for the $12K I spent.

05 LS V8 Ultimate
21 year old male
25/day
Best: handling, performance, styling, comfort, speed, luxury, and class
Worst: winter driving, terrible in the snow
I would definetley buy again, this is already my second one, I had an 02 LS also
3***

02 V8 Sport
Male 26
15 Miles +- 10
Likes: Love everything about this car, quitest most comfortable "sporty" car ever driven, great power considering it's a four door luxury car
Dislikes: very addictive
Rate: 3 Will definitely buy another

05 V8 Ultimate
Male, 41
25 miles per day city
I like the stereo, nav, and other tech features.
I hate the comfort. There is no legroom for the driver and no place to put my feet when they are not on the pedals.
Would not buy again.

01 LS V8 (black on black)
male 16
drive 30 miles per day....city mostly
The best things about the LS is the style....have always been aroudn lincolns all my life and always wanted one...glad they came out with one for the "younger" class of buyers...picks up great...handlings great...just an all around fun car to drive ...gets stares everywhere and i feel better when im driving it :Beer .......very clean car......its just beautiful
The worst things are not being able to put a cd case in the glove box ( cd changer) and that is all!! :L
3 stars for sure.....beautiful lincoln!! just what i wanted in a car class, style, performance

04 V6 My wife's car, I drive it 2 or 3 times a month and love it.
Male 61
We are retired so not a lot of driving.
I saw a 2000 when they 1st came out and thought it was a baby lincoln and the best looking car on the road, and still do.
I am concerned with all the problems I read about here, only have 4000 on it so far. At this time we would do it again, but will know more after many more miles.

2001 LS8
Male, 21
50 Miles Per Day

Pros- Obiously the handling and ride balance, styling, and overall room. However, nothing truly inspires me with the car. I have not fallen in love with it, nor do I hate it. There is not enough umph to get the adrenaline going and while the interior is finally getting up to par with its european counterparts it is somewhat bland.

Cons- Gas Mileage, Gas Mileage, Gas Mileage. It has averaged a little over 15mpg city highway combo per tank. Also lack of cabin storage, and once again give this thing at least 300HP and more torque down low so it can be a real competitor. If Lincoln wants to only offer auto that's fine as well but give us a tranny that will actually use the power efficiently.

Overall the car is well put together I just feel Lincoln took some shortcuts in key areas that would truly make this car a stand out. I give it a 2 star rating and probably wouldn't buy another unless it was truly updated. And if they decide to go with this FWD/AWD platform it's a definate no because that will just take away from it's biggest attribute; Handling.

Sorry if this seems harsh its just my personal truthfull viewpoint.

m1i2k9e said:
2001 LS8
Male, 21
50 Miles Per Day

Pros- Obiously the handling and ride balance, styling, and overall room. However, nothing truly inspires me with the car. I have not fallen in love with it, nor do I hate it. There is not enough umph to get the adrenaline going and while the interior is finally getting up to par with its european counterparts it is somewhat bland.

Cons- Gas Mileage, Gas Mileage, Gas Mileage. It has averaged a little over 15mpg city highway combo per tank. Also lack of cabin storage, and once again give this thing at least 300HP and more torque down low so it can be a real competitor. If Lincoln wants to only offer auto that's fine as well but give us a tranny that will actually use the power efficiently.

Overall the car is well put together I just feel Lincoln took some shortcuts in key areas that would truly make this car a stand out. I give it a 2 star rating and probably wouldn't buy another unless it was truly updated. And if they decide to go with this FWD/AWD platform it's a definate no because that will just take away from it's biggest attribute; Handling.

Sorry if this seems harsh its just my personal truthfull viewpoint.

I think the '03-'05 LS addresses your criticisms.

2000 LSV8 SPORT
male- 27
weekend driver, 300 mile month sometimes more for vacations.

Love the looks, the color of the car expecially think its the graphite blue or frost blue but cool color, with dark windows car looks sharp.
Power is sufficient for me still can go 140 and handles awesome at that speed, wouldn't recomment that to those living in the big cities but here in nebraska most roads are smooth flat and straight with little to no traffic perfect driving conditions.. lol
I like the interior myself eventhough most people here complain about the storage, and i got two words for those who want it .. mini- van.. lol just kiddin guys. Bought this car used and it runs perfect have had absolutely no probs with it. Leather is like new condition don't know how the leather is kept up so awesome in these cars but its perfect. Most other cars with miles on them leather look like its gonna tear.

The only and i mean the only complaint,, IS THE GAS MILEAGE!!.. lol
ugh.. i tell my buddies what i get the to mile and they laugh or think i'm lieing, but i will be honest with everyone in that when i drove this car from dallas to my neck of the wood in nebraska it was the most comfortable trip i have even been on a good 16 hours of good ol driving time in this car was the best. Only felt like a 20 minute ride.. lol. ok maybe not that short but still comfortable. But if you drive anywhere near a city street or a street with a stop sign forget it, and if i go cruise for about a half hour well theres 30 bucks..
i will rate this car with my experiences a 3 out of 3 stars with an absolutely will buy again if i have the opportunity again.

oh and in addition to this piece anyone who really wants to get some high performance from this machine, you can now order a supercharger for the lincoln ls.. SWEET!!! went to look at the price a little steep but damn i can't imagin the horsepower gain here.. for a cool 5500 bucks puts one in your garage.. I am thinking this is a must..lol

99 KOBRA said:
I think the '03-'05 LS addresses your criticisms.

Maybe I should look into one of those then and see how much better they truly are. Thanks for the info.

P.S. Not to highjack the thread, but exactly what changes were made to the later model years, and is it something that could be done to the '01 via aftermarket (I realize that parts are extremely limited) rather than trade it in.

m1i2k9e said:
Maybe I should look into one of those then and see how much better they truly are. Thanks for the info.

P.S. Not to highjack the thread, but exactly what changes were made to the later model years, and is it something that could be done to the '01 via aftermarket (I realize that parts are extremely limited) rather than trade it in.

They have 280 HP and 286 TRQ, plus upgraded interior materials.

I understand that aspect, but I was wondering what exactly was done to bump the horsepower and torque to that number.

m1i2k9e said:
I understand that aspect, but I was wondering what exactly was done to bump the horsepower and torque to that number.

Probably the most notable would be the variable valve timing. Other than that, maybe they were a *little* more aggresive on the spark curve. Not enough, they need about another 40-60 HP to make it fun.

Members online

No members online now.
Back