polishing mufflers

viiiball

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i got my new mufflers today and since they won't get installed til spring i am going to polish the stainless steel. i know you can do it by hand, what to use? a dremel a polishing wheel,steel wool,what grade etc.? thanks in advance...Jeff :Beer :feedback

I would recommend using stuff called Zoops Seal from Zoops. Not only does it polish, but it will keep you from having to polish it again for a season or so.

If that is too spensive.....you can try Wenol Metal Polish. Here is a side-by-side comparo with another polish. I use this to polish everything.

You can also try Flitz. I personally have not used it, but from ppl that have used it they liked it.

I use Wenol, and I will be using the Zoops Seal when I get to the final stages of polishing. It seals the part for at least a year. All you have to do is wipe it down/wash the part and it will shine like new.....according to the company.
:Beer

once they are polished, give them a very healthy dose of wd-40. Spray them good, like you were painting them, then slide them into a plastic bag until ready to install. The WD-40 helps seal the polished surface so nothing will dull them.

Just wipe them off prior to install. or, leave the WD-40 on while they get welded, then wipe them off. The WD-40 keeps any molten metal from burning/sticking to them while the welding takes place. Old hot-rodder trick that most exhaust shops still use!

1wykdmk8 said:
I would recommend using stuff called Zoops Seal from Zoops. Not only does it polish, but it will keep you from having to polish it again for a season or so.

all of this is great info, but what do i use or how do i polish them before using that stuff?or does it polish them?i thought about using soft steel wool to polish it to shine , but if there is a better or esier way, let me know....thanks jeff :Beer
:Beer

I've done a ton of polishing and to do it right and easiest you will need a large grinder with at least a half horsepower the more power the better.Then you will need to buy some cotton buffing wheels.
Well I tell you what just check this site out.http://www.tarheelparts.com/

If you need any more help let me know.I've done a TON of stuff for myself and other people.

Members online

No members online now.
Back