Po411

Jeffintampa

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Secondary air injection incorrect up stream flow detected.

Keep getting this Check engine any one know the fix

Visually inspect EAP(Electric Air Pump in front of crankshaft) hoses from the EAP to the AIRD(Air Diverter Valve(s)) valves.

Inspect air hose for cracks, binding and obstructions.

Disconnect hose at AIRD valve, run engine and check for airflow.

Check for vacuum at AIRD valve control.

Disconnect outlet of AIRD valve, plug line to exhaust, run engine and check for airflow.

For your code P0411, water contamination in electric air pumps is very common for this code.

CHECK AIR PUMP FOR WATER
  • Note: Water ingested in the Electric AIR Pump will reduce the life of the pump.
  • Key off.
  • Disconnect Electric AIR Pump connector and air hoses.
  • Carefully tilt Electric AIR Pump in various positions to verify if any water is present.
Is any water present?

These are copied, not sure if I can post the external link or not.

I too just had the Check Engine light come on. three years not a peep. Now on and have P0411, P2c2d, and P03c5.
The obd reader doesn't have info on the second two - will research and get back to everyone.

I Believe I have the P0411 code fixed.
The hose for the EAP (Electric Air Pump in front of crankshaft) is a two piece hose with a medal connector (no clamps). This metal piece rusted through and broke, thus separating the two pieces.
Not sure if this is part is made? For now, I used a rad flush connector, as it was the exact same size and had the lip on each end of the plastic pipe to hold it in place. See below.

If anyone knows of this part or where to get it, please let know - I looked on ebay and nothing.

20170610_182143.jpg

20170610_200118.jpg

20170610_200925.jpg

20170610_192739.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back