Plus size my tires on LSC

steve

LVC Member
Reaction score
Can I go to a 235/16 without any problems on my 98 LSC? The factory wheels still look new but thought the bigger tire might give me a little better ride.

It'll throw the speedo off a little (235/60/16s) because of the increased height of the tire. I like 245/55/16s or 255/50/16s to keep close to the stock height, but that's for traction not necessarily ride quality.

Go to tirerack they have exact specs of all the tires they sell, compare the height to the tires you got now. If it's a small difference i say go for it.

I'd say anything can fit if i have 245/30/22s on my car currently and not to start a big deal about it, but with the complete diameter of the actual tire + rim it fits absolutely perfect. 28 total inches is the diameter if that helps any. Even though i have after market air ride for suspension when car is at normal hight i have no rubbing problems, especially in the back you have a huge space to work with but then you get into width of your tires, where as the front a-arm is the only thing limiting anything larger. I"m sure you weren't trying to put 22's on your car, but with that in mind, i'm sure you can put anything else under it =) Hope that helped in any way.

Members online

Back