Plug Wires

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some high-quality plug wires for my Mark VIII that are priced somewhat reasonably. I was wondering if any of the cobra wires will fit on a Mark VIII and if so, what brand would you recommend.

Joeychgo said:
I'm looking for some high-quality plug wires for my Mark VIII that are priced somewhat reasonably. I was wondering if any of the cobra wires will fit on a Mark VIII and if so, what brand would you recommend.

It's been reccommended to me to use MSD wires for Cobra.....only $85! Talk to Geno @ lincolnmotorsports.com for advice on the easy mods for your VIII!

Or if you hate red like I do you can get the cobra wires from ford for about 120 bucks.The quality is top notch.

The Ford wires have never popped out of the hole on me causing a nitrous backfire destroying the top half of my engine.MSDs have.

I currently run the Ford 9MM wires. I get them from Max for like $105.....well worth it if you ask me....considering the blow off that the MSD's have had.....

1wykdmk8 said:
I currently run the Ford 9MM wires. I get them from Max for like $105.....well worth it if you ask me....considering the blow off that the MSD's have had.....
The pop off was a one run deal MSD had well over 4 years ago. I have since to see one wire do this since.

ONEBADMK8 said:
The pop off was a one run deal MSD had well over 4 years ago. I have since to see one wire do this since.

wait, i have ask many times over on the other board 2 yrs( 2002/2003) why my msd plug kept popping off and i never got an answer till bout 3 months ago so msd is still making bad wires, this was 2 yrs ago.

lincolnboy said:
wait, i have ask many times over on the other board 2 yrs( 2002/2003) why my msd plug kept popping off and i never got an answer till bout 3 months ago so msd is still making bad wires, this was 2 yrs ago.
It could have been old stock. Like I said I have NEVER seen this problem since they had that initial bad run.

ONEBADMK8 said:
It could have been old stock. Like I said I have NEVER seen this problem since they had that initial bad run.

if that was the case msd should have pulled all them from the shelves

i ended up sending my bad ones after 2 yrs to msd and got new ones...now theyll sit till next tune up

Members online

Back