Pls Help KEYLESS ENTRY REMOTE

QUICKSILVER_LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
can any one please show me how to program another Keyless entry remote for an 2001 LS V8...greatly appreciate
:L :confused:

QUICKSILVER_LS said:
can any one please show me how to program another Keyless entry remote for an 2001 LS V8...greatly appreciate
:L :confused:

The dealer has to do it. They will need ALL your remotes.

Yes...i know.... but...my dealer charge 65$ just to program it....there must be some ways you can do it by yourself ....i program a Cougar by myself..i just don't how to do it w/lincoln... :confused:

QUICKSILVER_LS said:
Yes...i know.... but...my dealer charge 65$ just to program it....there must be some ways you can do it by yourself ....i program a Cougar by myself..i just don't how to do it w/lincoln... :confused:

I saw again, ONLY the dealer has the ability to program your remotes. You can do the keys (as long as you have 2), but ONLY the dealer has the capability to program the remotes.

LS4me said:
I saw again, ONLY the dealer has the ability to program your remotes. You can do the keys (as long as you have 2), but ONLY the dealer has the capability to program the remotes.
Currently the LS is the only Ford that cannot be done yourself.

Quik LS said:
Currently the LS is the only Ford that cannot be done yourself.

I don't have an LS but what's the secret behind the programming? What does the dealer use? Is it that the car doesn't have the ability to read and program a blank key?

Jibit said:
I don't have an LS but what's the secret behind the programming? What does the dealer use? Is it that the car doesn't have the ability to read and program a blank key?
unlike most other Fords where you can switch the ignition from off-to-on 10 times and reprogram the wireless entry system - in the LS the dealer must use the Ford PCM programer and add them through the menu options.

blank key are a totally different question - since the theft system reads the 'chip' in the key it also requires programming.

I'm not a dealer and I can program these remotes.

I'm in East Tennessee. It may be worth a trip to visit me if you're not very far away.

But I have an NGS (next generation star scanner) which is the scan tool that ford/licoln/mercury uses/requires.

I can also add extra keys if you only have one or have lost all your keys (for those vehicals equiped with PATS)

-Dave

I know the 2004 model you can do the reogramming yourself, I programmed one from eBay. The manual describes the procedure. I guess the non programmable remotes must be for earlier models, don't know what years tho.

Wish I could say the same about programming keys when you only have one.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

:iconcur:
Jim Henderson said:
I know the 2004 model you can do the reogramming yourself, I programmed one from eBay. The manual describes the procedure. I guess the non programmable remotes must be for earlier models, don't know what years tho.

Wish I could say the same about programming keys when you only have one.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

early model stuff (around 97) you only have to have one key, anything past that is going to require 2, just a safety thing really... keep people from loaning their car to someone and that person making a key (i.e. vallet)

but when you have an NGS it's not a problem

key

I got mine done for 30 bucks here in Boone NC, thats all I have to say that is positive......

All Lincoln LS's from 2000 to 2002 have to have the remotes programmed by someone with a NGS Tester. That's normally the dealer. In 2003, Ford changed that system and you can add a remote yourself by following the procedure in the owner's manual. This also applies to adding one of Ford's add-on keypads. They are nothing more than a remote.

Disclaimer: It may be 2004 when it changed...but I think it's 2003.

Members online

No members online now.
Back