Plot to assinate Obama

Bob Hubbard

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I don't have a link to this but, just heard on cable news that two neo-natzi men in Tennessee were arrested for ploting to assinate Obama, many other blacks.
Guess it is already starting.
Bob.

I don't have a link to this but, just heard on cable news that two neo-natzi men in Tennessee were arrested for ploting to assinate Obama, many other blacks.
Guess it is already starting.
Bob.

There are many dumb :q:q:q:qs in the world.
KS

Bob, I get the impression that you're a little "too" interested in these plots. Not cheer leading but that you'd be experiencing something more than just "told you so" sentiments if some disaster like that were to befall the country.

The President of the U.S. always has a target on them.
A minority one would also draw the attention of narrow minded, racist evil fools would amplify the threat.
And one who has rejected Islam would also have increased risk.

If something like that happened, it would be a disaster. On a human, social, and political level....

I got to thinking this morning...

If Obama is found not viable for presidency if he wins the elections, he will naturally have to step down, right? Would Biden be taking his place? Is he eligible for the POTUS if the president elect is not qualified? Or will the presidency go to the Speaker of the house, Pelosi?

Either way, if he wins the elections and he's not qualified, we're screwed. They are all to the left of Lenin.

I got to thinking this morning...

If Obama is found not viable for presidency if he wins the elections, he will naturally have to step down, right? Would Biden be taking his place? Is he eligible for the POTUS if the president elect is not qualified? Or will the presidency go to the Speaker of the house, Pelosi?

Either way, if he wins the elections and he's not qualified, we're screwed. They are all to the left of Lenin.

I belive Biden would be next in line if Obama could not take the office.
Bob.

Bob, I get the impression that you're a little "too" interested in these plots. Not cheer leading but that you'd be experiencing something more than just "told you so" sentiments if some disaster like that were to befall the country.

Very perceptive of you.
I don't think it would be a great loss too the country, but obvviously because he is black, the black community would riot in the streets like they did when those cops got aquitted in the Rodney King trial.
That would be the sad part of an Obama assination.
Many inocent people would get hurt, and countless numbers of property destroyed.
Bob.

succession order: If Obama is elected

* The Vice President Joe Biden
* Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi
* President pro tempore of the Senate1 Robert Byrd

then it would go to the Cabinet, this is the current Cabinet and I would have to think there is no one on here who would be carried over to an Obama administration:

* Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
* Secretary of the Treasury Henry Paulson
* Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
* Attorney General Michael Mukasey
* Secretary of the Interior Dirk Kempthorne
* Secretary of Agriculture Edward T. Schafer
* Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez2
* Secretary of Labor Elaine Chaos
* Secretary of Health and Human Services Mike Leavitt
* Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Steven C. Preston
* Secretary of Transportation Mary E. Peters
* Secretary of Energy Samuel Bodman
* Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings
* Secretary of Veterans Affairs James Peake
* Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff

There are many 'threats' on presidential candidates, most go unreported, just curious as to the source of this 'threat'-

I do know that Obama and Biden have a very large SS contingent, much more than Bush or Gore had in 2000 or Kerry did in 2004 (I am hired to photograph national candidates at fundraisers by both DNC and RNC and affiliates). From seeing all this up close, I have no idea why anyone would want to live in a fishbowl like these people do, it has to be a somewhat miserable existence.

Isn't it ironic that the Bush Administration has thwarted an assassination attempt on another unrepentant liberal using the same tactics we use to foil terrorist attacks. Unbelievable irony.

Very perceptive of you.
I don't think it would be a great loss too the country, but obvviously because he is black, the black community would riot in the streets like they did when those cops got aquitted in the Rodney King trial.
That would be the sad part of an Obama assination.
Many inocent people would get hurt, and countless numbers of property destroyed.
Bob.

I agree with you 100%. There would be riots, looting & deaths. It's typical though.

Not political, just disgusting racist hate.

Feds disrupt skinhead plot to assassinate Obama
Oct 28, 7:43 AM (ET)

By LARA JAKES JORDAN

WASHINGTON (AP) - Two white supremacists allegedly plotted to go on a national killing spree, shooting and decapitating black people and ultimately targeting Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, federal authorities said Monday.

In all, the two men whom officials described as neo-Nazi skinheads planned to kill 88 people - 14 by beheading, according to documents unsealed in U.S. District Court in Jackson, Tenn. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

The spree, which initially targeted an unidentified predominantly African-American school, was to end with the two men driving toward Obama, "shooting at him from the windows," the documents show.

"Both individuals stated they would dress in all-white tuxedos and wear top hats during the assassination attempt," the court complaint states. "Both individuals further stated they knew they would and were willing to die during this attempt."

An Obama spokeswoman traveling with the senator in Pennsylvania had no immediate comment.

Sheriffs' deputies in Crockett County, Tenn., arrested the two suspects - Daniel Cowart, 20, of Bells, Tenn., and Paul Schlesselman 18, of Helena-West Helena, Ark. - Oct. 22 on unspecified charges. "Once we arrested the defendants and suspected they had violated federal law, we immediately contacted federal authorities," said Crockett County Sheriff Troy Klyce.

The two were charged by federal authorities Monday with possessing an unregistered firearm, conspiring to steal firearms from a federally licensed gun dealer, and threatening a candidate for president.

Cowart and Schlesselman were being held without bond. Agents seized a rifle, a sawed-off shotgun and three pistols from the men when they were arrested. Authorities alleged the two men were preparing to break into a gun shop to steal more.

Jasper Taylor, city attorney in Bells, said Cowart was arrested Wednesday. He was held for a few days in Bells, then moved over the weekend to another facility.

Until his arrest, Cowart lived with his grandparents in a southern, rural part of the county, Taylor said, adding that Cowart apparently never graduated from high school. He moved away, possibly to Arkansas or Texas, then returned over the summer, Taylor said.

Attorney Joe Byrd, who has been hired to represent Cowart, said in a written statement that he was was investigating the charges against his client and would have no further comment. Messages left on two telephone numbers listed under Cowart's name were not immediately returned.

No telephone number for Schlesselman in Helena-West Helena could be found immediately.

The court documents say the two men met about a month ago on the Internet and found common ground in their shared "white power" and "skinhead" philosophy.

The numbers 14 and 88 are symbols in skinhead culture, referring to a 14-word phrase attributed to an imprisoned white supremacist: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children" and to the eighth letter of the alphabet, H. Two "8"s or "H"s stand for "Heil Hitler."

Court records say Cowart and Schlesselman also bought nylon rope and ski masks to use in a robbery or home invasion to fund their spree, during which they allegedly planned to go from state to state and kill people. Agents said the skinheads did not name the African-American school they were targeting.

Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of the Nashville, Tenn., field office for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives, said authorities took the threats very seriously.

"They said that would be their last, final act - that they would attempt to kill Sen. Obama," Cavanaugh said. "They didn't believe they would be able to do it, but that they would get killed trying."

He added: "They seemed determined to do it. Even if they were just to try it, it would be a trail of tears around the South."

An ATF affidavit filed in the case says Cowart and Schlesselman told investigators the day they were arrested they had shot at a glass window at Beech Grove Church of Christ, a congregation of about 60 black members in Brownsville, Tenn.

Nelson Bond, the church secretary and treasurer, said no one was at the church when the shot was fired. Members found the bullet had shattered the glass in the church's front door when they arrived for evening Bible study.

"We have been on this site for about 120 years, and we have never had a problem like this before," said Bond, 53 and a church member for 45 years.

The investigation is continuing, and more charges are possible, Cavanaugh said. He said there's no evidence - so far - that others were willing to assist Cowart and Schlesselman with the plot.

At this point, there does not appear to be any formal assassination plan, Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren said.

"Whether or not they had the capability or the wherewithal to carry out an attack remains to be seen," he said.

Zahren said the statements about the assassination came out in interviews after the men were arrested last week.

The Secret Service became involved in the investigation once it was clear that an Obama assassination attempt was part of the plot. Obama received a Secret Service detail in May 2007, the earliest a candidate has ever been assigned protection, in part because of his status as a prominent black candidate.

"We don't discount anything," Zahren said, adding that it's one thing for the defendants to make statements, but it's not the same as having an organized assassination plan.

Helena-West Helena, on the Mississippi River in east Arkansas' Delta, is in one of the nation's poorest regions, trailing even parts of Appalachia in its standard of living. Police Chief Fred Fielder said he had never heard of Schlesselman.

However, the reported threat of attacking a school filled with black students worried Fielder. Helena-West Helena, with a population of 12,200, is 66 percent black. "Predominantly black school, take your pick," he said.

---

Associated Press writers Erik Schelzig in Nashville, Tenn., Jon Gambrell in Little Rock, Ark., and Eileen Sullivan in Washington contributed to this report.

Question, Suppose instead of Obama, a white person was on the democratic ticket, and he was assinated.
Do you honestly think the whites would riot like the blacks?
I hardly doubt it.
What is is about blacks that when things don't go there way, they want to cause civil unrest?
If the black dude gets iced, God help the white folk.
An all out race war will take place.
Bob.

Question, Suppose instead of Obama, a white person was on the democratic ticket, and he was assinated.
I hardly doubt it.
What is is about blacks that when things don't go there way, they want to cause civil unrest?
Bob.

Iffen folks like 'yall were "in charge".......

If the assassin of a white POTUS was black, I'd expect there'd be a lynching on the White House lawn.

If the assassin of a black POTUS was black, I'd expect a "hero's parade" down Main Street USA.
:rolleyes:

I hardly doubt it.
Bob.

Looks like you have your own answer Bob.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=441449&postcount=2

Oh, no, NOT POLITICAL at all. :rolleyes:
So, YOU are stating that any racism is a political identification?

Two hateful, idiot teenagers who wanted to go on a RACIAL killing spree, not one to kill the Democrat Presidential nominee. The ridiculousness of their plan (white ties and hats?) is only over shadowed by the seriousness of it.

And the silence from the McCain campaign denouncing this kind of racist hate on his behalf, OR his campaign worker's race-baiting, is deafening.
And look at you, provoking the racial fires, trying to exploit this for every political point it's worth. One more time, IT WAS NOT POLITICAL. This wasn't to be done on McCain's behalf, you fool, nor would it benefit ANYONE.

This was racial.
The threat against Obama is the least serious part of this story. Those two idiots would never have had any opportunity to do such a thing. The real horror of this story has to do with the potential regular, unknown, innocent people that they could have hurt if their hateful little plan ever came together.

Obama is what's selling the story, but it's the most ridiculous part of their plan, they might as well planned putting a giant racist sign on the moon, because neither would ever have happened, that part is far less serious then that potential scores of people who could have become victim to their violent hate.

Iffen folks like 'yall were "in charge".......

If the assassin of a white POTUS was black, I'd expect there'd be a lynching on the White House lawn.

If the assassin of a black POTUS was black, I'd expect a "hero's parade" down Main Street USA.
:rolleyes:
Wow. It's not even worth having a conversation with such a hateful, stupid person. I regret I ever un-ignored him.

Fixed now.

So, YOU are stating that any racism is a political identification?

NO.

And look at you, provoking the racial fires, trying to exploit this for every political point it's worth. One more time, IT WAS NOT POLITICAL. This wasn't to be done on McCain's behalf, you fool, nor would it benefit ANYONE.

If there was NO mention of Obama in the entire plan, REGARDLESS of how rediculous it is, then I would agree that this was purely a racially motivated. BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE. You are WRONG.

This was racial.
The threat against Obama is the least serious part of this story. Those two idiots would never have had any opportunity to do such a thing. The real horror of this story has to do with the potential regular, unknown, innocent people that they could have hurt if their hateful little plan ever came together.

Obama is what's selling the story, but it's the most ridiculous part of their plan, they might as well planned putting a giant racist sign on the moon, because neither would ever have happened, that part is far less serious then that potential scores of people who could have become victim to their violent hate.

Again, if this was purely racially motivated, then why did they include Obama in their plans? Just because their plan was il-conceived doesn't make it apolitical.

NO.
If there was NO mention of Obama in the entire plan, REGARDLESS of how rediculous it is, then I would agree that this was purely a racially motivated. BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE. You are WRONG.
In order for your premise to be accurate, they would have to be motivated to kill the candidate on the basis of their politics, not just their race. Since a similar scheme wasn't hatched to kill Kerry, you're demonstrated to be wrong.

These same racist scum would be mobilizing if the Republcans had a black front runner as well. Politics, or political identification, aren't the issue here, it's purely about race.

Again, if this was purely racially motivated, then why did they include Obama in their plans? Just because their plan was il-conceived doesn't make it apolitical.
If the plan was "racially motivated" how could they do it WITHOUT a black man being the candidate??? What a stupid question.

The "ill conceived"nature of the plan isn't what makes it apolitical, the fact that it's motivated by RACE, not politics, IS.

These same racist scum would be mobilizing if the Republcans had a black front runner as well. Politics, or political identification, aren't the issue here, it's purely about race.

Following your twisted logic, they would've included at least ONE black / AA republican:

A
Claude Allen, former White House Domestic Policy Advisor
Akindele Akinyemi, CEO of One Network and Conservative Educator

B
Pearl Bailey, singer and actress
J. Kenneth Blackwell, former Secretary of State of Ohio, former gubernatorial candidate
Jennette Bradley, former Treasurer of the State of Ohio
Edward Brooke, former U.S. Senator from Massachusetts, first African American elected by popular vote to the U.S. Senate
Janice Rogers Brown, a federal judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals
Blanche Bruce, former U.S. Senator from Mississippi, first African American to serve a full term in the U.S. Senate
Victoria Buckley, former Colorado Secretary of State [1]
Keith Butler, Republican national committeeman from Michigan, former councilman for Detroit, minister and former U.S. Senatorial candidate

C
Herman Cain, businessman and media personality
Jennifer Carroll, Florida State Representative [2]
Clarence H. Carter, Director of the District of Columbia’s Department of Human Services, former administration official under President George W. Bush [3]
Octavius Valentine Catto, civil rights activist and African American baseball pioneer
Henry P. Cheatham, former U.S. Representative from North Carolina
Eldridge Cleaver, author and civil rights leader
William Thaddeus Coleman, Jr., fourth United States Secretary of Transportation, first African American Supreme Court Clerk [4] [5] [6]
Ward Connerly, political activist, businessman, and former University of California Regent

[edit] D
Oscar Stanton De Priest, former U.S. Representative from Illinois
Frederick Douglass, abolitionist, editor, orator, author, and statesman
Clyde Drexler, former professional basketball player

[edit] E
Larry Elder, talk radio host and commentator
Robert Brown Elliott, former U.S Representative from South Carolina

[edit] F
James L. Farmer, Jr., civil rights leader
Arthur Fletcher, official in the administrations of Presidents Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and George H.W. Bush; considered the "father of affirmative action"
Gary Franks, former U.S. Representative from Connecticut

[edit] G
no one notable

[edit] H
Jeremiah Haralson, former U.S. Representative from Alabama
Ted Hayes, activist for the homeless
Erika Harold, Miss America 2003
John Adams Hyman, former U.S. Representative from North Carolina

[edit] I
Roy Innis, civil rights activist, founder of Congress of Racial Equality
Niger Innis, commentator and activist

[edit] J
Wallace B. Jefferson, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Texas

[edit] K
Alan Keyes, former member of the Republican party and nominee for the U.S. Senate.
Alveda King, former member of the Georgia House of Representatives. Niece of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Don King, boxing promoter
Yaphet Kotto, actor

[edit] L
John Mercer Langston, former U.S. Representative from Virginia
Jefferson Franklin Long, former U.S. Representative from Georgia
John Roy Lynch, former U.S. Representative from Mississippi

[edit] M
Lynette Boggs McDonald, Las Vegas City Councilwoman, former candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives
Angela McGlowan, political analyst
Donald K. McLaurin, mayor of Trotwood, Ohio [7]
Karl Malone, former professional basketball player
James Meredith, civil rights leader
Thomas Ezekiel Miller, former U.S. Representative from South Carolina
George Washington Murray, former U.S. Representative from South Carolina
Steven Mullins, Connecticut politician, First African American nominee for State Comptroller in state history. West Haven Commissioner.

[edit] N
Charles Edmund Nash, former U.S Representative from Louisiana

[edit] P
Rod Paige, seventh U.S. Secretary of Education
Sherman Parker, Missouri state representative, running for U.S. House of Representatives
Samuel Pierce, former HUD Secretary
P. B. S. Pinchback, twenty-fourth governor of Louisiana; first African-American governor of a U.S. state
Colin Powell, first African-American U.S. Secretary of State
Michael Powell, former chairman of the Federal Communications Commission
Jesse Lee Peterson, civil rights activist, founder of Brotherhood of New Destiny
Joseph C. Phillips, actor and commentator
Pierre-Richard Prosper, former Bush Administration war crimes official

[edit] Q
Kristal C. Quarker, Health and Education Policy Advisor to Representative Thaddeus McCotter (R-MI-11), 2008 Chairwoman of the Black Republican Congressional Staff Association

[edit] R
Joseph H. Rainey, former U.S. Representative from South Carolina, first African American to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives
James T. Rapier, former U.S. Representative from Alabama
Hiram Rhodes Revels, former U.S. Senator from Mississippi, first African American to serve in the U.S. Senate
Condoleezza Rice, sixty-sixth U.S. Secretary of State
Frances Rice, Chairman of National Black Republican Association
Jack E. Robinson II, former U.S. Senate nominee from Massachusetts
Vernon Robinson, former candidate for U.S. House of Representatives from North Carolina
Angel Joy Rocker, former candidate for President [8]
Joe Rogers, former Lieutenant Governor of Colorado, youngest Lieutenant Governor in Colorado history
Carson Ross Mayor of Blue Springs, MO, Fmr. Missouri State Rep.

[edit] S
Robert Smalls, former U.S. Representative from South Carolina
DeForest "Buster" Soaries, former New Jersey Secretary of State
Thomas Sowell, economist, writer and commentator
Michael S. Steele, political commentator, former Lieutenant Governor of Maryland, former candidate for the U.S. Senate
Sage Steele, television sports anchor
Lynn Swann, former NFL player, former Pennsylvania gubernatorial candidate

[edit] T
Clarence Thomas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice

[edit] U
James L. Usry, former mayor of Atlantic City, New Jersey

[edit] V
William T. Vernon, Registrar of the Treasury under President Theodore Roosevelt [9]

[edit] W
Dale Wainwright, Associate Justice of the Texas Supreme Court
Jimmie Walker, actor and comedian
Eric M. Wallace, Publisher of Freedom's Journal Magazine [10]
Zachary Ward, economist
Booker T. Washington, educator and activist
Maurice Washington, Nevada State Senator
J. C. Watts, former U.S. Representative from Oklahoma
Ida B. Wells, civil rights advocate, co-founder of the NAACP
Allen West, candidate for U.S. House of Representatives from Florida
Armstrong Williams, radio and television commentator
Michael L. Williams, Texas Railroad Commissioner
Walter E. Williams, author, commentator, economist
J. Ernest Wilkins, Sr., Assistant Secretary of Labor under President Eisenhower

There were MANY to choose from. But they didn't, so you are wrong.

{What is is about blacks that when things don't go there way, they want to cause civil unrest?
An all out race war will take place.}

To be honest Bob the race war started already, as soon as Obama was considered a real threat for being President. In London a black guy gets shot 3 times (once in the face, once in his hand and another in his arm) by an air pistol just for wearing an Obama t-shirt...Then these 2 idiots get arrested for a plot that targets 88 INNOCENT people.....Come on Bob are you gonna say God help the innocent black folk. All for what cause of the fear of a black President. Hate to break it to you, but your precious white folk are causing alot of civil urest, and I am very interested in why you can't acknowledge that.

http://www.topix.com/afam/2008/10/l...-times-after-hurling-racist-comments#comments

To be honest Bob you could never understand (not that you really want to) why blacks get so enraged at injustice time and time again, cause you are not black and you have never had to deal with issues that come with just your skin color alone. You can act like you don't see it if you want to but there is a huge double standard and racism will never go away because the small minded feel threatened. I actually heard an older white lady say she hopes that Obama doesn't win because then blacks would take over the world. So to me her statement is saying she is fine with whites having contol over the world and she is comfortable with that. Sad thing is there are hundreds of thousands just like her and Bob that is a fear that you will never know in your entire lifetime. To be honest with you I was a Hillary supporter, it didn't work out so I am behind Obama, although I wish could have atleast been the two of them together!

I have to agree with Calabrio. These dudes are ignorant sh!theads, ever notice the similarity with skinhead? And the comment about the white tuxes and top hats - were they on crystal meth?

If our President were to be assassinated it would be terrible for everyone regardless of race. That could be the tipping point to full on police state.

If our President were to be assassinated it would be terrible for everyone regardless of race. That could be the tipping point to full on police state.

I hate to be too cynical, but remember the end of the Movie "Head of State" when Chris Rock was giving his acceptance speech?

"My Fellow Americans....... <pop! pop!> " :eek:

The other line from that movie that resonates w/ the GOP:

"God bless America, and nowhere else!" :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back