B

bigdog1279

Hi i was wondering
from what i had heard the 95 Continental didn,t have the OBDII in it but
when i asked
Torrie From
SCT if he could Build me a Chip this is what he sed
on his Websigh please someone Explain

can be programmed to work on any OBD-II equipped Ford vehicle from 1994-2005.
dose mind have OBDII
i have had many ppl say it dose and Many ppl say it dosn,t
i think the Owners manual sed it dose but im so confused please help me
i know there is a place under the dash bored on the drivers side to plug somthihng like a scanner in but im not shur is the for the OBD computer or what

This is interesting. I have wondered this too. Last Friday i pulled to codes from the car. I did this using my neighbor's OBDII scanner. It said to use only for cars 1996 and up. I told my neighbor i had an 95 and he was like what the hell just try it. I was like ok so it fit the port perfectly and it read the code no problem. Sooooooooo.............from all that i would conclude that a 95 Conti has OBDII. Maybe even the 94s then. Maybe someone will know for sure.

Ya, the jerk at Autozone said the same thing. I had to show him my OBDII connector under the dash. He hooked it up and it was clear (which it should be).

tc95-00.jpg

yeah thats what i never understood they say it dosn,t but it dose

its actually a crapshoot the 95's all had obdii connectors,but this was the transition year.some can be read by the scanners some cant.from what a tech once told me its a very generic setup in the early builds.the later builds leading into 1996 became full obdii compliant.

with out going and trying to inbares my self
and make a fule of my self is there a way to tell if i have a OBDII
Fully COmpliant is if it,s not
full compliant what would happen what dos ethis mean

bigdog1279 said:
with out going and trying to inbares my self
and make a fule of my self is there a way to tell if i have a OBDII
Fully COmpliant is if it,s not
full compliant what would happen what dos ethis mean

Read the article: if you have the OBDII connector under your dash, you have OBDII. As for the definition of complaince, your 95 may not have all of the sensors and equippment used to measure emissions levels. For example, OBDII cars are required to have 4 oxygen sensors: 2 before the cats to measure fuel burn, and 2 after the cats to measure catalyst efficency, while earlier OBD cars have only two.

So basically, your car may be missing a few instruments required to be on all cars sold in the United States after 1996.

evillally said:
Read the article: if you have the OBDII connector under your dash, you have OBDII. As for the definition of complaince, your 95 may not have all of the sensors and equippment used to measure emissions levels. For example, OBDII cars are required to have 4 oxygen sensors: 2 before the cats to measure fuel burn, and 2 after the cats to measure catalyst efficency, while earlier OBD cars have only two.

So basically, your car may be missing a few instruments required to be on all cars sold in the United States after 1996.

good description evil :Beer easiest way to check is go to autozone and ask them to scan it.tell em its a 96 heck they cant tell by looking.if it reads it is at least partly compliant.btw ive seen a 95 that a scanner couldnt link to but an ngs could.also look at the hood label for obdii like evil said b4 dog.
good luck
john

Members online

Back