Please help guys 19" wheels fitment/questions???

Ankur104

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I want to buy 19x8.5 with 245/40/r19 with stock ride height for now and preferably with a concave look to them. I have researched you can do a 35mm-45mm without a problem depending on width of rim im assuming. My question is if a do a 8.5 wide rim with a 35mm offset and the above tire size, will i have rubbing issues when installed and/or when i lower the car later? I figured 35mm will be the lowest offset i can go to have a concave look to them. Here is the link to the wheels i want to get, ignore the bolt pattern because the dealer said he can get them in 5x108 for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-GROUND-F...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27db95aee1

Hi guys,
I want to buy 19x8.5 with 245/40/r19 with stock ride height for now and preferably with a concave look to them. I have researched you can do a 35mm-45mm without a problem depending on width of rim im assuming. My question is if a do a 8.5 wide rim with a 35mm offset and the above tire size, will i have rubbing issues when installed and/or when i lower the car later? I figured 35mm will be the lowest offset i can go to have a concave look to them. Here is the link to the wheels i want to get, ignore the bolt pattern because the dealer said he can get them in 5x108 for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-GROUND-F...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27db95aee1

Once u lower the car with a 35 offset yes u probably have rubbing issues so what u do is rolled the fenders and problem fix that what I did on mine I have 19x8 38 offset 275/35/19 on tires in the back

Once u lower the car with a 35 offset yes u probably have rubbing issues so what u do is rolled the fenders and problem fix that what I did on mine I have 19x8 38 offset 275/35/19 on tires in the back

Yeah that would be okay but the only problem is my rims are .5 inch wider and 35mm bringing the rim out even further but my tire is 245 so it might work. Dam i wish i could find someone on here that has 19x8.5 with 35mm and near a 245 wide tire.

Decisions.... Decisions....

You can always shave 3-5mm of the back of the wheels to give it an offset of 38-40

You can always shave 3-5mm of the back of the wheels to give it an offset of 38-40

Thanks for the idea but the purpose of me trying to go for the 35mm is because the center hub on the front of the rims will be more sunk into the rim with a lower offset as far as I know. If u go higher on the offset then the front face of the wheel will be more flat like the all the oem 17" ls wheels...thanks again

Thanks for the idea but the purpose of me trying to go for the 35mm is because the center hub on the front of the rims will be more sunk into the rim with a lower offset as far as I know. If u go higher on the offset then the front face of the wheel will be more flat like the all the oem 17" ls wheels...thanks again
The part you shave is on the inside of the wheel. Not the outside. You'd still have your concave look if you shaved off the back to get a higher offset. It won't change the look of the wheel.

Careful on shaving them wheels...

mazda-rx-7-loses-all-4-wheels.jpg

No. If your wheel is concave, shaving the back of it will not change how concaved it is. It will still look like a +35 wheel but because the back face is now thinner, will MOUNT like a +40 wheel, which is what you need and want, a +35 concave wheel that fits.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161166618146?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
these are 19x8.5 and a ls member has them and its lowered

He wants to see a 19x8.5 that is also a +35 offset, not just an 19x8.5, those there are a ton off but none with +35 offset.....Actually maybe just one that I can remember.

The part you shave is on the inside of the wheel. Not the outside. You'd still have your concave look if you shaved off the back to get a higher offset. It won't change the look of the wheel.

+1

Careful on shaving them wheels...

mazda-rx-7-loses-all-4-wheels.jpg

The wheels look intact, maybe the hub broke off or its photoshoped. If shaving the wheel caused the wheels to break off, then the wheel would be cracked around the center or missing where it bolts to the car. I have read that OEM wheels are normally thicker than aftermarket wheels, so when you shave OEM wheels, the face gets shaved down to about aftermarket thickness. Most shops I have found will do 5mm shave tops to leave enough "meat" on the wheels, buts its easier to do this on OEM according to some shops. When you're borderline rubbing, 5mm extra wiggle room is a lot!

On the pic, I'm going to guess that someone took all the lug nuts off, seeing as someone was onhand with a video camera to catch it in action like that. Still, want to make sure it's not overdone.

Besides, I like posting funny pictures when they are kinda relevant to the subject. :D

Members online

Back