Please help!! Fan problems!!!!

PegasusTheLS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Car overheated an hit a check engine temp mark
Around feb 4 pretty sure it was just the thermostat no coolant running in tubes no leaks any where...I have been sick the past days An haven't had time to fix the car until yesterday. Replaced the thermostat housing replaced one hose just Bc of the way it looked... took off the air filter houseing to get to the thermostat houseing undid the 3 screws half twist houseing freed up An came right out after looking at the thermostat you could see it had no pressure any more.. unlined the new one put 3 bolts in put new hose on put clamps back on then re unlined air filter houseing screwed clamps back on to that everything was as should...... put new coolant in started car ran for alittle to get to normal temp turned on defroster 90 all coolant level went down Coolant levels starting to look as should be..... unscrewed the screw maybe 2 turns to let the air out took maybe a min An half to get a nice flow, screwed it back up went back to car /hot air is blowing an I have thought my dccv valve has been stuck Bc all winter haven't had hot air until car runs for a hour or so...... maybe this could be thermostat fixing this issue ?or somthing problematic Bc it's a LS LOL ?? But cars not overheating on the gauge cars not running weird wait maybe a minute then unscrews the screw again seen there was a nice flow right away no bubbles no delay screwed it RIGHT BACK UP car sat on for maybe another 5 mins all coolant levels were good, gauge level was good desided to move the car take it around the block to see How she running..... giveing it alittle gas around the outskirts of my house was feeling pretty good beside one hard shift right pulling away from my house but car was sitting from feb4 -feb14 An need the battery to be charged remember asking a buddy if I could turn the heater off now he said should be good so heaters not on..... after alittle fooling around we head back An right when we pull in To my house my fan starts to turn on we hop out of the car with it still on pop hood all coolant levels are fine, gauge is good car doesn't seem to have a problem beside the fan being on sounding full blast!!!! After a min the fan goes away... i shut car off... ???thinking about what it could be causing my fan to go off like that Bc Iv never herd the fan in my 1 year of owning the car besides when the car over heated that one time... I talk to one of my buddy's about what it may be he says the system is not bleed right An he's goin to send me a step by step!!!!

Step1 fill coolant till coolant is full An Degas bottol level is as should...

Step 2 turn car on run until normal level...

Step 3 turn heat to face position 90 fan all the way up

Step 4 open up the bleeder screw.. if it's not flowin after 2 mins I put my foot on the gas for a min to get a flow .. don't unscrew all the way but until there's a consistent flow . When it's flowing. More then likely it will be steady flow you will see it quit for a millisecond Bc of air bubbles after that I close it ... rev it some more open it back up An repeat it for 10 mins .... then take it for a test ride if it starts to over heat pull over with car on crack bleeder An watch for air bubbles make sure you always have coolant in your reservoir

So I go out there start the car again An do these steps to the tee then go for a test ride car seems to be running great hot air is working climate control works NOW CARS NOT MISSING OR hiccuping or trembling in any way if your a ls guy you know what I mean everything seems to be fine i was pushing her around town aliitle An pulling over every 5-7 miles to check coolant level an engine bay ... I noticed only when I turn my heat off MY FAN will turn on ... I'm
Pretty sure it's never turned on when I'm driving besides when I turn the heat off so I decided this car just want to keep being a bitch with this fan an I don't have the money or time to be stuck in Detroit to call a tow truck or to break down so I deside I'll go home...heats on everythings fine get home turn the heat off to see if fan will turn on An sure enough fan was getting pretty loud with just the heat being off desided I'll just check the forum!!! I'm sorry if this was all over the place please help if you can if not please keep negative comments to your self I'm only 21 I'm in college An my dad won't help me with nothing but knows it all ‍♂️ I'm NOT a master mechanic!! I LEARN from what I have done to my car already Iv owned 4 ls in my 5 years of driving only car I love only car I want to drive.... my father says the fans to all cars turn on all the time his f150 does it all the time an I shouldent be worried n gets annoyed ...... I know this car An I know the fan is not just running for no reason ..... please help

... don't unscrew all the way but until there's a consistent flow ...

This post is very difficult to read, so I may have missed some stuff. One thing that jumps out is the statement above. It is wrong, it works better to remove the heater bleed screw completely, at least to begin with.

The rest of the bleed procedure does not really match the factory procedure. The factory procedure is reliable if followed to the letter. I don't know about your version.
2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

Members online

No members online now.
Back