Plastic Push Pins

GWL

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part # or a source for the plastic push pins that go in the Black Plastic cover at the back of the engine compartment and the front cover located along the lower edge & in front of the radiator for our LSs? Lost one and my dealer's parts man cannot find the listing.

Autozone also carries a selection. My son used ones from there and they worked perfectly. Cheap too.

2001LS8Sport said:
Autozone also carries a selection. My son used ones from there and they worked perfectly. Cheap too.

Are they the same or nearly the same as the stock styled ones?

Fastbird said:
Are they the same or nearly the same as the stock styled ones?

Yes. You can pick from different styles and head sizes, lengths, etc. You can also go to the dealer and get some...but you will pay more of course.

2001LS8Sport said:
Yes. You can pick from different styles and head sizes, lengths, etc. You can also go to the dealer and get some...but you will pay more of course.

My problem is that my Dealer Parts says there is no listing for these pins.

GWL said:
And he's probably telling the truth. I just posted about glove box bumpers yesterday: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=16565

I had to call Max/Five Star Ford who tried his best but came up empty. I then called Bill/Team Ford and he is having to call Ford. Max made a comment about the newer GCAT parts system that the dealers use doesn't show some of the parts easily, if at all. :(

Having said that, I'd still recommend that you call Max and/or Bill and see if they can come up with a part number for you. Good luck! :)

GWL said:
I dont think people know how to look them up....I wanted these and the twist close ones....they told me the are 8.99 a piece and had to order 8 min.... then the twist close ones are only 6.99 with a min of 10-12 and they are special order NO REFUNDS!!!!!!! I was like are you SURE they are it and she said I think so......

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!

They cant be that much

George,

You should have emailed me on this! However, here are the numbers. There are two different fasteners one has the cross hairs and twist off and the others are the push pin release type. The push pin release fasteners are what you want. Below are the part numbers along with retail pricing from Ford:

Push Pin Fastener = W705956S300 4 pack $9.20
Twist Fastener = W706519S300 4 pack $9.56

Contact Bill Jenkins at Team Ford with these part numbers and he'll hook you up. His number is 800-791-6436.

SilverLS said:
I dont think people know how to look them up....I wanted these and the twist close ones....they told me the are 8.99 a piece and had to order 8 min.... then the twist close ones are only 6.99 with a min of 10-12 and they are special order NO REFUNDS!!!!!!! I was like are you SURE they are it and she said I think so......

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!

They cant be that much

If we can find out the part numbers for both these items, life would be a lot easier. Like you said, my parts man cannot even find a listing.

Ken I called him and never got an answer and left a message and never heard back .....Is he in town....no answer on the phone.....still need price on alternator.....

GrayGhost1 said:
George,

You should have emailed me on this! However, here are the numbers. There two different fasteners one has the cross hairs and twist off and the others are the push pin release type. The push pin release fasteners are what you want. Below is the part numbers along with retail pricing from Ford:

Push Pin Fastener = W705956S300 4 pack $9.20
Twist Fastener = W706519S300 4 pack $9.56

Contact Bill Jenkins at Team Ford with these part numbers and he'll hook you up. His number is 800-791-6436.

Thanks Ken!!!

SilverLS said:
Ken I called him and never got an answer and left a message and never heard back .....Is he in town....no answer on the phone.....still need price on alternator.....
He's back. He was out a couple of days sick. Flu bug got him!

Since that listing is down to one remaining, "cowl clip nylon ford lincoln" turns up plenty of results

I told the guys at TascaParts.com what I was looking for and they found it for me. That was a couple years ago so I don't recall the part number but there's a phone number on the website for the parts dept. However, it appears the part numbers were posted above.

Members online

No members online now.
Back