Planning to get new Head Unit and misc

mrfuzz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Well I am new here. I have done alot of reading in the forums, and alot of the posts have been very helpful. However I have a situation and I do not know what package I have and what is compatible with my car.

I bought a 2000 Lincoln LS used. The guy who owned it worked for the dealer ship. He installed an audiovox 10 disk changer and its in the trunk ( very nice setup) But factory head unit.

I do not believe I have the audiophile sound system installed, there are only 4 speakers total in the car. 2 front doors, 2 back doors. None in the rear, over seats.

Im planning on getting an Alpine deck 9885, Or a JVC? -- Opinions

Will I be able to install it correctly? I know I will need a wiring harness and mounting kit?

After the head unit, planning on getting some rockford fosgate punch 2 subs, 10's for the trunk.
Can you please tell me if I have factory amps installed, and what I need or should do. Help please!

Thanks in advanced!

im selling my subs and amp all fockford look at my pics from cardomain must sell pm if you want thanks

Thanks but no thanks :). Im not looking for that much power yet :)

Speakers first and then new exhaust.

If someone could please help me figure this out that would be great. Also are there any tuts on wiring from head unit - subs in this car? I know I can take the back seats out and wire through there, but Having a hard time getting the strip off by the doors.

its easy, get the harness kit, and get a descent HU.
Alpine is good.

HU is the first upgrade to do when upgrading sound.

you can pop off the front stock deck with a screw driver. Yous gonna have to take out the ashtray and lower part of the panel too. Then all you have to unscrew the deck from the pannels, Its a total of four screw. Unscrew and Take the deck of the wiring harness.

Now get the after market HU kit and slide your alpine it. connect the harness screw it back in.. easy mate.

Thanks guy. I figured it wont be too hard.

Im just having a hard time picking a nice head unit. Either Alpine 9883 or 9885. And or a JVC. Just want good functionality.

I suppose I will try and take the car apart again, And take the running boards off too see how hard wiring the subs will be.

Do you guys know how to wire the Ipod connector into the glove compartment? It's pretty sealed off.

Can't really go wrong with Alpine.

JVC is OK, but, IMO, not as high quality as Alpine. Then again, I've been away from Alpines for a number of years.

The Alpine may look a little sporty for the Lincoln interior, but I'm not sure who is making calmer head-units these days. Sony has a fairly simple head that offers green illumination which may or may not match the LS interior cluster better.

Thank you for your responses.

Now how to take the strips off the stepping boards on the car! just so I can run the wires. I think I found an area how to wire up the ipod into the glove compartment.

Members online

No members online now.
Back