Piston anyone?

VanDarela

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of someone who has wrecked an 03+ LS or know where I would be able to get 1 piston?

Thanks

What happend? Did you burn a piston?

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
You ran it????

You will want to check the rod for damage also. Not to mention the valves.

It was either a screw or a washer and he said he ran it for split seconds at a time. opened it up and its just the piston

o3sonicbluexlt said:
who dropped it in the motor? if it was a shop, they should pay for it

I'm almost 100% it was the shop. But how do I get them to fix it? Sue? Plus if I do I don't want that guy touching the car anymore.

if they admitted to it, and started the motor with the foreign object in it, they should be responsible to replace the damaged parts. take it to another shop for estimates

o3sonicbluexlt said:
if they admitted to it, and started the motor with the foreign object in it, they should be responsible to replace the damaged parts. take it to another shop for estimates

He isn't admitting to it...says it was a screw left around there someplace from my accident 1 month ago and it fell in when taking off the intake mani

VanDarela said:
He isn't admitting to it...says it was a screw left around there someplace from my accident 1 month ago and it fell in when taking off the intake mani

And he knowingly took the intake manifold off with it there? I call :bsflag:

NYC LSC said:
And he knowingly took the intake manifold off with it there? I call :bsflag:

No he says it "could have" been there somewhere...He is basically looking for excuses.

Exactly what I was getting at - excuses.

Sorry to hear and hope it gets worked out the right way - with him paying for it like he should :Beer

Need to know more about the whole situation.

How exactly did he determine that something was in there?

Has he removed the head to see exactly what it is. Stuff just doesn't fall into the combustion chamber, the valves are kinda in the way.

NYC LSC said:
Exactly what I was getting at - excuses.

Sorry to hear and hope it gets worked out the right way - with him paying for it like he should :Beer

Thanks, I need to find out where and how to start first, on getting him to pay for it.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:

Has he removed the head to see exactly what it is. Stuff just doesn't fall into the combustion chamber, the valves are kinda in the way.

yea I agree, it would have to be pretty small, I don't think the valves open up that much on these engines.

VanDarela said:
Thanks, I need to find out where and how to start first, on getting him to pay for it.

Get a lawyer, do you do a prepaid legal thing at work?

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:

I think he knew he dropped something in there, when it fell

VanDarela said:

First - Call the Better Buisness people, they can give you advice and guidance perticular to NY.

Second - Call the local and NYC TV and radio stations, ask for their consumer advocates. The last thing a buisness wants is to show up on the Friday night evening nws ... unfavorably. One or two calls from the local TV station people and this shop will be asking YOU what you want done to resolve this.

BTW - The connecting rod needs to removed and inspected.

There's no way the head is not damaged too. The aluminum there is soft and there are only a few thousand's of an inch clearance from the top of the piston at some points.

That shop owes you. I don't care what was laying around on the manifold...it is the tech's responsibility to make sure that doesn't happen. Ask any tech here on this site...there's not a one who wouldn't ensure that wouldn't happen when removing the manifold.

If you drop something into a intake port with the intake off, if the valve is open and it falls right in.

You can cry or throw something...but you don't turn it over. You bite the bullit and pull the head.

How long have you had your LS? About a year or so? And its broke now. Whats sad is im sure it's still under the factory warranty but with all the f*cking around you've done you can kiss that warranty goodbye. But thats the price you potentially pay for having people working on your car like that. Either way it works its gonna be costing you alot.

Members online

No members online now.
Back