Pis***

Pete 2004 LS V-6

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Had to have a tire replaced on my LS, 5000 miles on car. Charged me $183, V6 Continental tire. MF's scratched the wheel, they say they did not do it, end of story. My wife is the one who had it done, I am going to pay them a visit today. The problem is that they are the only Linclon dealer around here and I will need them to work on the car in the futrue. My Son in-law had NTW (National Tire Wholesalers) scratch one of the wheels on his Tahoe and they gladly replaced his wheel. You would think a Lincoln Dealer would give at least as good service as NTW. The AH's I am talking about is Stivers Lincoln Mercury in Columbia SC. WTF can you do?

Pete 2004 LS V-6 said:
Had to have a tire replaced on my LS, 5000 miles on car. Charged me $183, V6 Continental tire. MF's scratched the wheel, they say they did not do it, end of story. My wife is the one who had it done, I am going to pay them a visit today. The problem is that they are the only Linclon dealer around here and I will need them to work on the car in the futrue. My Son in-law had NTW (National Tire Wholesalers) scratch one of the wheels on his Tahoe and they gladly replaced his wheel. You would think a Lincoln Dealer would give at least as good service as NTW. The AH's I am talking about is Stivers Lincoln Mercury in Columbia SC. WTF can you do?

Unfortunately you can't do much now unless you have lots of pictures of your car. Go straight to FLM Service and explain how it happened. I've taken detailed photos of every piece of the car. I've even had to go back to a dealership once after a rotation was done and other work and proved they never rotated the tires on it. I calmly explained to him how a rear wheel drive car gets rotated, and showed him the positions of the wheels based on dirt/marks on the tires and that they'd never even been rotated after the work was done.

I hold everyone accountable, seems excessive, but so is my love for the car that i worked hard to get.

-DIDJI

Pete 2004 LS V-6 said:

GO straight there and demand to talk managment and or the owner. Calmly describe the situtation and ask for a new wheel. If it doesnt seem to work call FLM customer service # and complain to them, they will make a report and get back with you after they speak to the dealership. Believe my Ford might handle this differently but the Lincoln division is very strict with there dealers making sure they are #1 in customer satisfaction, I would hope they would just choke up and buy you a new one. Good luck let us know!

-Scott-

Yeah considering all the advertising they have going right now about bringing you car back to the place that can care for it the best, meaning FLM delaers, you would think someone would be wise enough to handle this in a customer service centric manner.

I would say it should be easy to prove with a car that has so few miles but my wife went curb surfing in her 03 altima 3.5 in a matter of weeks after buying it. The car still had the shipping plastic on it when we test drove it before buying the thing.

I went there today and had a pissing contest with the service mgr. I showed him where the weight had been pushed around the wheel. He said no way, got two of his tec's and they said that it did look like they had not removed the weight before breaking down the tire. I told him to remove the wheel and break it down without removing the weight, the tire changer they have has a neoprem part on it that would not push the weight around the wheel !!!! They had replaced a bad tire on the other side at about 1200 miles, I looked at that wheel today and it is scratched the same way but not as bad. While we were there today one of the tec's put a gauge in the wheel while trying to remove a weight, also when they removed the cap from the wheel of course he put it face down!!!!!!!!!!!!! The jerk that gauged the wheel while trying to removed a weight was replacing a front anti sway bar on an LS in the next bay. His tools were a large ball peen hammer and a two foot long pribar. One AH was holding and twisting the sway bar and hitting it with the hammer while the other AH was prying things out of the way and bitching that he only got 2.7 hours by the 3rd party extended warranty co. to do the job. I ask his name so when I take my car in I will ask that he not work on it. But I will never have any confidence with this pos dealer. What can I do, you need to take this car to a Lincoln dealer!!! The tec's told me this car was a bitch and very expensive to work on. I know that the depreciation on the V-6 sux (worse than a Dodge Neon) but we are retired and planned on keeping this car a long time so the depreciation would not be an issue. They said to keep it 4 years while it was under warranty and then get rid of it. They said it was $10,000 to replace the motor. I would get the ext. warranty but we don't drive this car much and the time would run out way before the miles. Had the car since 8-04 and it only has 5800 miles on it. Any way there was a guy there today that goes around to the dealers and fixes wheels, they said that he charges $100 to do a wheel and that they would pay half of it. I konw that that was BS and that he would not charge them and he would do the job for the $50 that I payed them. Nothing I can do, I have to try to have a working relationship with them or I will really be screwed!!!!!!!!! So I smiled and thanked the service Mgr MFer!!! Sorry for such a long bitch but I am pissed!!! If I should not use pissed here then please accept my apology. Can we get a spell check here?

Pete 2004 LS V-6 said:
I know that the depreciation on the V-6 sux (worse than a Dodge Neon)
hard to believe there are no other lincoln dealers anywhere close to you..........damn another person talking about how bad the v-6 depreciates

You can take your Lincoln to a Ford dealer to have work done on it. I was fed up with my Lincoln dealer also, so I took the car to a Ford dealer with no problems. The dealer was twenty miles out of the way but worth the drive to take it there. The work was good and I trusted them a lot more then the Licoln dealer. All of the warranty work was covered there too. If there is a Ford dealer closer I recommend taking it there. Good Luck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back