Pioneer AVIC-N1

LennDawg

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
ok, i am about to purchase the latest Pioneed tv deck, the AVIC-N1 with the navigation... n i noticed on the website that it has different zones and that if you want to watch a dvd movie, it can only be viewed from the back of the vehicle... you cant view the movie from the front on the screen... is this true? does anybody have one or know somebody who has one of these units, and is there a way you can view the movie on the actually unit in the front while driving?

I was playing with one in the tint shop, waiting to get a car from them. I seem to recall it was playing a movie at the time, but I can't say for sure. You should be able to email Pioneer and get an answer. If not, call around to local car audio shops and ask them.

Sifrino3 said:
Sony is the only way to go!

:waving:
That really isn't necessary. LeennDawg has chosen Pioneer, so leave him be. There is no need to promote your preferences. Let the guy get the answer he is looking for without a hi-jack of the thread.

There are legal issues about watching a movie while driving plus I don't know how anyone could pay attention to their driving and watch a movie at the same time. The headunits are setup so that the car has to be in Park and the E-brake on before you can watch a movie on the headunit for safety reasons.

BigT said:
There are legal issues about watching a movie while driving plus I don't know how anyone could pay attention to their driving and watch a movie at the same time. The headunits are setup so that the car has to be in Park and the E-brake on before you can watch a movie on the headunit for safety reasons.
Oh, that's really cool Tom. How does it know if the car is in park and the parking brake is on? I am sure there is a way to rig it up. Not that I condone such activity, but am just trying to help the guy. Thanks for the input!

It is all in the way it is wired up. If you take it to any stereo shop (local, Best Buy, Circuit City, or any other for that matter) they have to by law wire it up the way the manufacturer calls. And that is to the wire for the gear selector and the parking brake. BUT it can be wired to allow you to watch it any time you like, just by law the stereo shops are not allowed to wire it up that way. If the person who buys it wants to wire it him/herself they can wire it the way they want to. Just IF you get pulled over make sure you turn it off....LOL

1wykdmk8 said:
It is all in the way it is wired up. If you take it to any stereo shop (local, Best Buy, Circuit City, or any other for that matter) they have to by law wire it up the way the manufacturer calls. And that is to the wire for the gear selector and the parking brake. BUT it can be wired to allow you to watch it any time you like, just by law the stereo shops are not allowed to wire it up that way. If the person who buys it wants to wire it him/herself they can wire it the way they want to. Just IF you get pulled over make sure you turn it off....LOL

ok ready very very simple. are you doing it yourself? if so take the wire that they are telling you to connect to the power side of the e-brake switch and ground it. wala. i did it on my 6600 (avic wasnt out yet) works like a charm. hope that helps Eric. oh p.s. dont get pulled over with dvd playin BIG Fines. :bash:

:L

JoshMcMadMac said:
Oh, that's really cool Tom. How does it know if the car is in park and the parking brake is on? I am sure there is a way to rig it up. Not that I condone such activity, but am just trying to help the guy. Thanks for the input!
Neutral Safety Switch.

Just how ERIC said. It a negative parking brake trigger. I think it is green, if you cant catch it at the brake switch (90 percent sure its there) you can catch it behind the radio and eithe rrun a switch to ground or just permanently ground it.

Pepsi2185 said:
Just how ERIC said. It a negative parking brake trigger. I think it is green, if you cant catch it at the brake switch (90 percent sure its there) you can catch it behind the radio and eithe rrun a switch to ground or just permanently ground it.

yep its green. just ground it out and dvds all the time. :monkey:

when you hook the monitor up you will find the wire that says parking brake and hook it up with the ground wire. this will aloow you to watch it going down the road.

Undercover Lincoln said:
when you hook the monitor up you will find the wire that says parking brake and hook it up with the ground wire. this will aloow you to watch it going down the road.
where have you been lol i said that monthes ago.
Eric

ERIC1 said:
where have you been lol i said that monthes ago.
Eric
I have to apologize for my young friend he just blurts stuff out without reading anything on the thread except the title.
I think it may be the equivalent of Tourette syndrome while typing.

We’ve been beating our chests and having a great time on the Audio Moron thread. :F
Check it out if you have some time to waste.

I think its my turn next. argue2

Members online

No members online now.
Back