Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD 5.8-Inch Widescreen In-Dash Double-DIN DVD

cannons_custom

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this: Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD 5.8-Inch Widescreen In-Dash Double-DIN DVD in their car? I like the price of this deck but I don't like the fact that to use the ipod interface you have to have the cable hanging out the front of it. On amazon it's going for $300 bucks so I might have to live with it for the price.

A lot of members on here have installed double din radios. I have a thread myself from when I installed my Avic F90bt. Just do a search and you should find a couple of threads about this. You can get the double din dash kit from sonicelectronix. They appear to always have it the cheapest.

My I pod hook up is in my glove box. I have a double din Pioneer in my car

What model do you have? The Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD has the usb on the front. I think I have to use that input to have my ipod videos and pictures show up.

yes you do have to have it hanging out of the front for the ipod to play through, most of us have an AVIC model which all have the ipod cable coming out of the back, the install is exactly the same except for there not being a mic and the GPS antenna. the 3100 is a pretty good unit with a nice interface as long as you don't need/want navi.

ok, well the cable hanging out the front would bother me alot so i'm gonna hold out and watch ebay for an avic d3 for hopefully around 300-350. Thanks everyone

ok, well the cable hanging out the front would bother me alot so i'm gonna hold out and watch ebay for an avic d3 for hopefully around 300-350. Thanks everyone

i hear ya, that would drive me crazy since i am always switching betewwn my ipod and XM, its so nice that its locked away hidden in the glove box.

Members online

Back