Pioneer avh-3400bh wiring question?

91300zx

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just purchased this indash dvd unit and wondering about wiring. I purchased a vehicle specific harness along with it. Is it safe to say I just match up the colors? Also I cant seem to find where the "reverse gear signal input goes? Any help would be appreciated. This is my first install for a unit like this. Pioneer avh-3400bh

yes buy the right harness, buy the right dash kit, all of the colors will match up except for illumination, reverse will be at the tail lamp which isnt a big deal because you running wires back there for the camera anyway.

I have everything all hooked up and working except dvd. Can I just ground the parking brake wire and be done? Also my rear speakers are not working. With the harness I bought it came with a little harness that had 2 wires(blue and white). The guy at best buy said its for the factory amp and speakers. Not to sure where to hook up those 2 wires. Anymore input from a audio guru would be great. Its going in a 2004 ls with soundstream 6 disc changer.

no you can NOT just ground the parking brake wire, the unit needs to "see" the wire get grounded AFTER the unit is done booting up, the easiest bypass options are to either wire to a switch or get a PAC TR7 and program it to do the bypass automatically.

when you say "rear speakers" do you mean the actual rear speakers (in the rear doors) or the factory subs (in the rear deck) if your rear speakers are indeed not working, you messed something up in the main harness. if your subs are not working, then you need to correctly hook up that smaller harness, not really sure what is so confusing about it, it has RCA plugs for sub signal in, and then it has a blue/white amp turn on wire which the pioneer also has.

you will need a resistor to keep the subs from "popping" every time the car is turned on or off.

if you are still unsure of anything, i would recommend a lot of searching around, as there has been about a hundred double din install threads created with a lot of good pictures and step by steps. every question you could ever ask has been cover extremely well in those. most of them are about AVIC's but the install will be exactly the same as an AVH model, just no GPS antenna to run.

Also, depending on where you're at, some car audio shops will be more than happy to help out since you've done majority of the work. I live in Ft Leonard Wood and the shop right outside of post installed the parking break bypass as well as the resistor. I had the shop install the whole thing because I didn't know if I needed to do anything special since it had the dvd player.

It is the speakers in the rear deck that are no longer working. I matched all the wires on the harness' and didn't see any that matched the smaller harness. Just ordered a parking bypass switch from ebay, lets hope that works. I just noticed another issue today aswell. I went for a drive and had my ac on, it started to get a bit cold so I hit the off button on the climate control and the ac shut off but it still sounded like it was on? The only way it will shut off is when I shut the car off. Even at that it sits for a little bit then finaly shuts off? I have never had a climate issue until now. Is it possible I pinched one of the wires on the climate control harness when re-installing everything? This is quite annoying.

Finally have everything installed and the bypass installed. Works like a charm. Just noticed my front console speakers are not working now but mu rear deck speakers are. The front console speakers are also amplified if Im not mistaking? Is this why there are 2 blue/white wires on the smaller harness? If so I know where my problem is but would like to verify that they are hooked up to an amp.

I also picked up a voltage regulator and wondering how its wired? One ground, one positive, and one to the amp wire? Thanks in advance

Members online

Back