Ping

duckmster

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi i'm new to your website but i've been reading for the past several months. I absolutly love it you guys have gave me a lot of useful information. Anyways i have a 89' mark vii, 134,000 miles on it and runs great. Never a problem. 95% of those miles are all highway miles. Its the BIll Blass editon and it has the high grears in it for highway gas mileage. Its been pinging for a good while now. For the past few years but recently in the past months its been getting very bad. In town i drive it in Drive not OD adn soon as it shifts into D it starts rattling very bad under the hood. When I step on it and kick it down to 2nd the pinging stops or silences for the most part. It got a tune up a few thousand miles ago and i've sanded the rotor to get corrison off and i've checked the timing and it is fine. If anyone has any ideas i'd really appreciate it. Thanks a bunch, Tyler

:W a couple of things come to (whats left of my ) mind:Beer ,, one play with the timing ,,,,up grade the octane rataing ( add a injecter cleaner next fill-up) and finaly with 134000 on the clock,,,, a loose timing chain,,,,,hope this helps:L regards kahuna:dj: :invasion: :cool:

Members online

Back