Pilot bearings

J-RGTS7MP

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find a clutch pilot bearing for a 5 speed manual lincoln LS?i am searching for it to fix my LS,is a year 2000 but i believe a jaguar S-type manual would be the same mechanically

Yes and many more S-Types were sold with manual transmissions too. So they should be easy to find?
But I have seen where Jaguar does not sell them separate from the flywheel too.

If you don't need the car for a while, you could remove the pilot bearing (or is it a bushing?) and try to find a part number on it.

Then cross reference it to one of many bearing manufacturers websites or catalogs.

Worst case... you may have to make some phone calls.

Does anyone know where to find a clutch pilot bearing for a 5 speed manual lincoln LS?i am searching for it to fix my LS,is a year 2000 but i believe a jaguar S-type manual would be the same mechanically
I have one, it comes with the complete car!

If you don't need the car for a while, you could remove the pilot bearing (or is it a bushing?) and try to find a part number on it.

Then cross reference it to one of many bearing manufacturers websites or catalogs.

I’ve recently acquired a 2002 as spare parts car,has rust damage on the left rear frame (but looks repairable)i decided not to used it for that purpose,that one needs a computer reprogram,a chip key,an alternator and put the dash back together

A5D7A84A-D5E5-4F31-84C3-65F8A3430690.jpeg

I do need it lol,just replace the clutch assembly,bleed it and change the gearbox fluid but never came to mind that i needed to replace that bearing behind the flywheel

F7278203-D2EC-45F4-831F-6926676A1E5D.jpeg

If anyone is interested, my 2000 is actually available if anyone needs it for any reason, be it parts, restoration, etc. And there is a good pilot bearing buried in there! Also a functioning hydraulic cooling system, a good transmission (replaced at around 180k), a completely re-bushed rear subframe, working moonroof, new coils and plugs with less than 1000 miles, all the goodies. Rocker panels are trashed. Once it is gone, I will be down to 1 NA subaru and 3 turbocharged subarus. The LS made me appreciate AWD in New Hampshire.

Members online

Back