Pie frd03-aux/s

JoshMcMadMac

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I believe from looking around that the PIE FRD03-AUX/S is the right connector to get an auxiliary input through the "SAT" button on the stereo in my 2005 LS. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions with this? Are there any alternative connectors? Any good sources to get it at a decent price?

I believe from looking around that the PIE FRD03-AUX/S is the right connector to get an auxiliary input through the "SAT" button on the stereo in my 2005 LS. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions with this? Are there any alternative connectors? Any good sources to get it at a decent price?

Contact Andy (LobsenzA @ AncoAuto.com) at Anco Auto. He has an LS and will have the correct product.

I can tell you I installed one on my fathers 2006 with the NAV Radio. It works flawless!! I also tried that and the one without the "/S" on my 2004 with the NAV radio. The /s doenst work. The other model works intermittently. I am about to contact Andy for mine as well. I was lucky enough to have my 04 and my dad's 06 side by side with the radios out to go back and forth experimenting. Not everyone has that luxury.

Keith

I can tell you I installed one on my fathers 2006 with the NAV Radio. It works flawless!! I also tried that and the one without the "/S" on my 2004 with the NAV radio. The /s doenst work. The other model works intermittently. I am about to contact Andy for mine as well. I was lucky enough to have my 04 and my dad's 06 side by side with the radios out to go back and forth experimenting. Not everyone has that luxury.

Keith

As I said in another thread, I believe the '04 needs a software upgrade. Andy will know for sure.

An extra button that appears below the Sound,AM, FM1, Fm2, and then "SAT" for the satellite radio. If you install an ipod interface, it will turn into cddj instead of the sat button.

I dont have that? Were talking about the THX right?

When you install a factory sat module or one of the interfaces noted, the "FM2" button changes to a "SAT" button on the screen. "FM1" will now cycle between "FM1" and "FM2." At least that is how it works on my 06 with nav.

(And BTW, it's "we're" not "were." Couldn't resist.)

When you install a factory sat module or one of the interfaces noted, the "FM2" button changes to a "SAT" button on the screen. "FM1" will now cycle between "FM1" and "FM2." At least that is how it works on my 06 with nav.

Oh c'mon! You're getting on my ass about an apostrophe??? Unreal. :p

Thanks for the info tho, yet again haha

(While we're at it, it's "06'" not "06") LMFAO

The FRD03-AUX/S is the correct adapter for my '06 with the non-NAV 6-disc head unit. Works great. The only issue I ever have is sometimes it won't recognize the adapter when I press the SAT button (message says "Service Sat"). A simple turning off and turning on of the radio fixes it every time.

That happens to me once in a while and I have to pull the fuse, so it resets itself and then it works fine.

I still have both Fm buttons on mine. From top to bottom I have Sound, Am, Fm1, Fm2, CD, CDDJ

I still have both Fm buttons on mine. From top to bottom I have Sound, Am, Fm1, Fm2, CD, CDDJ

I guess it depends on what firmware version you have. I don't have a CDDJ button either.

SOUND
AM
FM1
SAT1
CD

FM1 toggles to FM2
SAT1 toggle through SAT2 and SAT3

Oh c'mon! You're getting on my ass about an apostrophe??? Unreal. :p

Actually, it's a contraction of we are. Were is a completely different word. simple English, like their and they're your and you're, etc.

Alex, I forgot your year. IIRC what Andy told me was that certain years require a software upgrade. I installed the adapter in both '06s and the SAT button appeared immediately.

Actually, it's a contraction of we are. Were is a completely different word. simple English, like their and they're your and you're, etc.

Really? I had no idea.. :rolleyes: Both are still spelled "were" and we're"... Guess what I missed...

I guess it depends on what firmware version you have. I don't have a CDDJ button either.

SOUND
AM
FM1
SAT1
CD

FM1 toggles to FM2
SAT1 toggle through SAT2 and SAT3

The cddj is the button for the ipod interface, it replaced the sat button.

Alex, I forgot your year. IIRC what Andy told me was that certain years require a software upgrade. I installed the adapter in both '06s and the SAT button appeared immediately.

04, mine came with the sat radio but not the actual device. It had the power cord wired and the mount by the nav, guess they took the receiver with them when they traded in. I dont remember if I had the sat button before the ipod interface went in, but noww I have ccdj.

Members online

No members online now.
Back