Pie adapters

AnthonyLSE

LVC Member
Reaction score
ok gents, i know theres plenty of threads about these adapters and i just wanted a straight forward answer..
i have an 04 LSE w/ thx navigation but no sat button. i bought a frd03-aux converter and it doesnt work. i called pie and they said its defective. now the question is...is it really defective or should i be using the frd03-aux/s?

thanks

You have a "SAT" button, it just won't show up until you connect something that it thinks is a sat receiver. Your "FM2" button will become a "SAT1" button. (FM1 will then toggle between FM1 and FM2.)

04 should work fine. Early 03s need updated firmware to work.

You have a "SAT" button, it just won't show up until you connect something that it thinks is a sat receiver. Your "FM2" button will become a "SAT1" button. (FM1 will then toggle between FM1 and FM2.)

04 should work fine. Early 03s need updated firmware to work.

so i should stick with the FRD03-AUX, or FRD03-AUX/S?

so i should stick with the FRD03-AUX, or FRD03-AUX/S?

Email PIE with year/make/model and the type of head unit your LS has. That's what I did, and they were able to help me out with the exact model I needed. I've been using my PIE adapter for a few years now.

I have an 04' with THX/Nav, went through this a few months ago. I am now using a FRD03-AUX/S adapter and I have to use the "Media" button on the steering wheel to get to "Sat1", it works about 90% of the time, but I usually have one point during my commute where it goes back to FM2 and I have to cycle through with the Media button a few times to get it back. I first used a FRD03-AUX and it would give me a CDDJ button when it wanted to work, which was about 10% of the time. Your mileage may vary...

Members online

No members online now.
Back