Pics Of New Mods And More!

OK .. guess i best be taking that into consideration now then.. better budget that.. the only problem is i called ohio generator again and they said the biggest they could fit in the ls is 170 amp.. isn't stock like 135 or something, i know its pretty big for stock..??

Oh, and another question, from another post from Tara how bad are you rattles in the back, i can almost tell for sure the rear bumper is going to be horrible i can shake it by hand and it sounds awful, and i dynamatted the whole trunk solid, sounds solid on inside but the bumper fascia i'm a little worried about,

jdsimons said:
Oh, and another question, from another post from Tara how bad are you rattles in the back, i can almost tell for sure the rear bumper is going to be horrible i can shake it by hand and it sounds awful, and i dynamatted the whole trunk solid, sounds solid on inside but the bumper fascia i'm a little worried about,

I've always said that if you can still here the car rattle, get a bigger system. LOL j/k

I don't notice any rattle from inside the car, but the trunk and bumper are rattling pretty good. I might be exploring some options to solve that, but honestly it doesn't bother me. hehe

ohio generator has a 200 amp alternator. That is what I have on mine. Works great now! I am drawing about 380 amps max just for the system so there really is no need for much bigger, car runs fine now and have no voltage drop stay at about 14.4 volts. The stock alternator on the lincoln ls is 105 amps or at least it is that for the 2000 v6. Ohio generator only sells to car audio dealers so how are you getting hooked up? I talked to the guy and the 200 amp alternator is about 618.00 for it retail. I happen to work for a car audio shop so I can get them for wholesale price.

Great system you got hope to join you one day show you my stuff when it,s done
im preat mouch worrking on the body work and interrie work now mot doing anything custome just getting it back into shap mom drove the car for 2 years and put some scraches and a few dents one one long place
ouch feel sorry for the car
and there some rust
but ones thats taken car of i plane on ading the
pioner in dash screen with the Navi unit
some new speakers all around
but i need the trunk spanes so thinking of customizing the spare tire area and
then getting some run flats
but i realy like Micchlean and they make run flats what the best tire i can put on a 95 continental

HID's

Your ride is hella tight! I would kill to have all my lights HID like yours. What more information can you give me on your Xetronic 8000K HID Conversion Kits for LOW's/HIGH's/FOG's setup? Did you have to get 3 entire kits for all the lights? How much did it cost you and where did you get it from? Did you have to modify anything; harnesses, wiring, fixtures? Any help would be very much appreciated! :yourock:
Thanks!

Josuave said:
Your ride is hella tight! I would kill to have all my lights HID like yours. What more information can you give me on your Xetronic 8000K HID Conversion Kits for LOW's/HIGH's/FOG's setup? Did you have to get 3 entire kits for all the lights? How much did it cost you and where did you get it from? Did you have to modify anything; harnesses, wiring, fixtures? Any help would be very much appreciated! :yourock:
Thanks!

Thanks for the nice words... :Beer

I had to get three kits to make it all work out. I got 9005's for the high's and fog's and a 9006 for the low beams. Normally the fog's use a 9145 bulb, but the 9005's fit perfectly. The only thing you'll have to do is change out the fuses for the normal headlights and fogs, so they are a high amp. All the info comes with the bulbs, so you'll know what amp fuse to get. You'll just need to find a place to mount the ballasts and converters. Your original wires plug right in to the new stuff, so there is no splicing and can be changed back easy. Something that I noticed is the old style fog light assembly, like the 2000's style... really give off a ton of glare, way to much for my taste. I highly recommend getting a set of the 2003 style fog light assembly's, they are fairly easy to install and cut the glare down alot. Otherwise, your basicly using a high beam bulb in the fogs and they are blinding. You can get all this stuff at LS Koncepts

I hope this info helps out...

QUICKSILVER_LS said:
1 question
y do you using 35 farad capacitor? isnt that too much for your system?

To answer your questions... I got a really good deal on it because I know the people that sold it to me. It was sitting in a display for a bit and was prolly gonna sit for a bit more. I was in the market for something that was gonna be around 5 farad, which would have done the job well. I got this one for a little more than the 5 was gonna cost. When it comes to Caps, overkill isn't always a bad thing. I like the way it looks too... He said he'll swap it out for the silver one when it comes out also, for no extra cost just shipping... I've known these guys for 10 years, so they treat me very good and consider me a friend.

LennDawg said:
hey propain, hit me up when u get the chance... pm me or write me at LennDel@yahoo.com... or if you got AIM my screen name is LennDawg2469

Hey Lenn... check your PM box. I'll try and help out as much as I can considering I'm not the installer, just the designer. :Beer

PrOpAiN said:
Hey Lenn... check your PM box. I'll try and help out as much as I can considering I'm not the installer, just the designer. :Beer

hey you wouldnt happen to still have the design you drew out for your installer would you Propain?

LennDawg said:
hey you wouldnt happen to still have the design you drew out for your installer would you Propain?

Sorry Lenn, I tossed that. It was really only a basic drawing to give him an ideah of what I wanted.

Members online

No members online now.
Back