pics of my 91 mark VII

Darth_Elvis

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody

I got my Mark just over a year ago after my previous car was destroyed in a rollover (with me in it! :mad: ) I was driving around the streets for a new car when the Mark caught my eye here are some pics

44000.jpg

Lincolnside.jpg

engine_52000.jpg

The pic under the hood I took last week after a steam cleaning. The previous owners were an elderly couple that drove it to church and the grocery store, had 43000 miles on it when I bought it, now it's bout' to hit 53000

The most I've had to spend as far as miantenance on this car has been a tune-up, everything seems to run great, (can pass those wannabe street racers w/ ease :N , foreign cars... :rolleyes: )

Anyways, I was wondering what I should watch out for as my Mark gets older, I met a mechanic that I go to and he said the thing is indestructible basically. He works on Lincolns predominantly. Another mechanic wanted to buy my ride right there when I was changing my oil for $4000. Had to say no, what was I gonna get for $4000, not something like this Mark.

comments?

:W to :V :Beer other Mark VII owners will able to give you information you will need.

"clean"...that's what the mechanic that wanted to buy my car told me. Also said that I'd probably get pulled over by the police because I don't look like a typical driver of this type of car. :L

Darth_Elvis said:
Hello everybody

Welcome.
You joined a good board. To answer your question, our cars are not bulletproof but, with religious preventive maintenance, they might as well be wearing CapLar :) See: http://www.lscclub.org/tech/scheduledmaintenance.htm an do not skip any steps. Your ride will give you YEARS of great service. Now, on the show car side, I say GARAGE THAT BABY!!! She looks to be in great shape and with <60,000 miles, she's a candidate for many STOCK trophies! See: http://www.lscclub.org/cars/oldschool5/ for an idea of what I mean an again, welcome :)

Darth_Elvis said:
"clean"...that's what the mechanic that wanted to buy my car told me. Also said that I'd probably get pulled over by the police because I don't look like a typical driver of this type of car. :L

"What seems to be the problem officer? I find your lack of faith disturbing."

darthElvis.jpg

OldSchool1 said:
Welcome.
You joined a good board. To answer your question, our cars are not bulletproof but, with religious preventive maintenance, they might as well be wearing CapLar :) See: http://www.lscclub.org/tech/scheduledmaintenance.htm an do not skip any steps. Your ride will give you YEARS of great service. Now, on the show car side, I say GARAGE THAT BABY!!! She looks to be in great shape and with <60,000 miles, she's a candidate for many STOCK trophies! See: http://www.lscclub.org/cars/oldschool5/ for an idea of what I mean an again, welcome :)

Thanks for the links, I just had a tune-up and oil change so I will go from there. I need to do some of the minor details like lube up the locks and apply some touch up paint on the passenger side (previous owner I swear :slam )

Thanks for the compliments to, are there any meetings in the southern Cali area that I can attend to speak with owners??

Darth_Elvis said:
Thanks for the links, I just had a tune-up and oil change so I will go from there. I need to do some of the minor details like lube up the locks and apply some touch up paint on the passenger side (previous owner I swear :slam )

Thanks for the compliments to, are there any meetings in the southern Cali area that I can attend to speak with owners??
I only refer people to sites other than my own or the one we're currently talking on when they ask. Joey is cool with it but I've seen others get bent over it.

Since you're in Califas, try WestCoastLincolns.com and tell them that OldSchool sent you. If you want to be a part time, show car toating snob like me, then also hit, LincolnsOfDistinction, LCOC, and Antique Auto Club of America. If you want a daily driver then hang out here with me and the other broke Dudes.

Did I answer your questions?

Where's my meds?

Darth_Elvis said:
That's a great manipulation! :D I'm gonna send it to my friends :steering
Thanks Bro but I can do waaaay better. I'm getting over the flu and need prescription drugs.

Compliment me again in like 48 hours. I'll probably completely forget this conversation but hey, at least my ego will feel good.

:)

JD

Welcome! :Beer
Wow, That's like a fossil preserved in mud and ice! .. or old people owners. lol

It's an incredibly clean car, mate! Do your best to keep it that way.
Does it burn rubber?..lol. I'll bet the previous owners never tried.

Congrats on the find and purchase.
You'll find this site very useful.

Cheers,

What an awesome ride!!! Did they give you all of the original paperwork with the car? If I ever get enough money, I want an original unrestored low mileage 7 to just stare at....you WILL become addicted to the 7.

that is one sweet mark... clean with low miles. you can not ask for more! good luck with it, and welcome to LvC!

OldSchool1 said:
I only refer people to sites other than my own or the one we're currently talking on when they ask. Joey is cool with it but I've seen others get bent over it.

Since you're in Califas, try WestCoastLincolns.com and tell them that OldSchool sent you. If you want to be a part time, show car toating snob like me, then also hit, LincolnsOfDistinction, LCOC, and Antique Auto Club of America. If you want a daily driver then hang out here with me and the other broke Dudes.

Did I answer your questions?

Where's my meds?

Yeah, thanks for the links I'll check those out when I get the chance. My mom and my sis keep telling me that I love my car because I keep it so clean on the inside and out. The previous drivers were very tidy, so it's just a matter of maintenance now. I also got a car cover to keep the bird crap off my car too...

*Awesund* A preserved fossil in mud and ice is a great way to put it thanks, when I had the window checked out (had trouble opening/closing) the dude working on it said it was obsolete, I remember thinking "It's either a classic or an antique but NOT OBSOLETE damn it!". It can burn rubber just fine, I pretty much just cruise on the streets, but when I'm on the highway I'm definitely a leader and not the follower. I think it's hilarious when I'm passing these young people with my 14 yr old car and they're in there brand new bmw's...

*katz_blk90se* No I didn't get the original paperwork, but the car manual was there and everything seems to be fine. Under the hood was more dust than dirt so I didn't think that they were trying to swindel me or anything. I'll take some pics and put them in my "garage photo gallery" probably this weekend. It really is a beauty to look at and it hurts to see it dirty so I tend to clean it up weekly.

*JoeyLincolnMK8* thanks for the greeting and the pic with the very accurate writing :I :eek2:

*ALL* thanks for the replies, I'll be sure to ask lots of questions as I definitely was fortunate to get this Mark and the rest of you are probably way more knowledgeable about the maintenance than I. :waving: :steering

Members online

Back