Pics and Help

Doc

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody. Look at what I found. I have a question or two about it. #1 the guy wants $4500. OBO Good price? It runs and drives has low enough mileage for a 38 year old car. I asked on the other part of the site and did not get an answer. You guys will always have something to say good or bad :eek: Anyway #2 Bad things to avoid on a 69' Last but not least #3 rebuild cost for the 460 motor. Any help will be appreciated.

Doc

DSC00338 (Small).JPG

DSC00339 (Small).JPG

DSC00340 (Small).JPG

DSC00341 (Small).JPG

DSC00342 (Small).JPG

I don't have the answers for you Doc, but that's a good looking car.

owned late 68 many years ago

check for rust on underbody and under carpets-has kelsey hayes 4 wheel disc brakes-hard to find parts-trans-check carefully-exhuast can be expensive-mine had over 100000 miles when i sold it-motor still good and using no oil except what it leaked-i think you should be able to negotiate price down-if motor needs rebuilt probably 2000 ballpark

How expensive is exhaust? What do you think was the best thing about your conti? Thanks for the advice :)

Doc

69 continental info

it takes 4 special mufflers if dual exhuast equipped-plus several pipes of varying lengths-years ago 1980s-mufflers were 55-70 each-pipe pieces not that expensive-mufflers will not last long if you dont drive daily-due to mounting location and design moisture can collect-best feature of car imo was comfort of seats and ability for car to ride and corner well-plus safety-its built like abrams tank

Thats a Classic

The body is in awesome shape and looks good. I think the price is fair, but $3500 would be a good deal. My friend in Highschool had one 20 years ago and it was sweet then. Nice car and after a little money goes in, still unique in a way that it doesn't look like every other car on the road today, another plus of the Mark VIII. Sure looks nice, but could be a money pit. Check trunk and underneath for rust and rot.

Let us know if it becomes part of the family, those are really nice cars...Lincoln Style:cool:

Yep, trunk is in great shape, so is the underbody. This is a Montana car not much moisture to worry about here. I plan on removing the vinyl top, re-chroming the metal parts, repainting the same color and either recovering the green leather( YUCK) interior or dying it black. A little lower stance and some bigger chrome wheels.

Beatiful color and best year...but I fear that my opinion may be biased...

On the 460 I would check for it burning oil, I would also check the power steering pump. If it is the same as mine it is located behind the harmonic balancer and that whole assembly has a tendancy to leak. Check the electrical connections in the door jams, they wires tend to dry rot and break. Also make sure all 4 windows go up and down. I am usually on www.thelincolnforum.net there is lots of good information on that site. Good luck, and I hope ya get it!

I'd buy it for no more than $3k. Then again, I never pay what anything's worth. Actually, if I had the cash and he said no I'd give more. It's really clean. And I really like those cars, it takes alot to make me jealous, and I wish I had that one to rebuild. I've been waiting to stumble across one cheap since I'd be ditching alot of stock equip.

I'd add a 4V 4.6 if I were you.

That car is a real beauty! Get it if everything checks out good. $4500 seems very fair for that straight body.

Members online

Back