Picking up a 97 LSC

GoFar

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Went to look at a black on black 1997 LSC today. It had around 125k miles. The guy wanted $2,100 which probably won't affect his income at all since he has a DeLorean, Z06, a big boat, and a newer 2500 Silverado.

Anyways, cosmetically, there's a door ding, and the entire top clear coat is gone. Headlights are completely oxidized (but no condensation) . Pretty dirty inside and out actually (dirt spots outside, drink stains on black leather). He's had it since 2009, and it's been sitting for a few weeks since he was working on the DeLorean (cobwebs in wheel well for example).

But I opened the hood and I was amazed. The engine was smoother than butter, everything spinned beautifully, and it was very well maintained. The compartment was very clean. In fact I'd like to say it was new.

Just a few things that need attention:
- Needs passenger window switch covers
- Needs heater door
- Fuel cap release inside cabin doesn't release but clicks as if it was opened
- Keyless entry and fob needs to be programmed
- Told me it needs an oil change

Everything else worked without issues. Air suspension worked without issues. He replaced the HIDS at $500 a piece. No cracks on windshield.

Just for example, a clean 98 white LSC with 186k just sold for $4,000 in my area, and similar pricing follows. I'm thinking I can put in $1,000 to re-coat it, and do the nit picky items, and sell it for $6,000 or something to pick up my 06 LS (of course, I'll be driving this LSC for about a year because these things are beautiful and extremely spacious inside).

What do you guys think? Great buy or am I missing something maintenance wise that'll put me in the sinkhole?

I doubt that you could get 6K for that. Has the suspension been replaced? At that mileage, it will need a front end rebuild if it has not been done already. HID's could have been easily done with a new conversion kit, cheaper and more reliable. I probably would not offer more than $1500 for that car.

$2000 is fair for the mileage. With everything fixed including the paint fade it will be worth no more then $3750-4000 on a good day.

Spray some wd40 on the fuel latch to the left of the filler and it'll free up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back