*PIC HEAVY* Looking to add some appearance mods....

LSquicksilver

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, a few months ago, I got a 2000 LS (V6, silver). Great car, especially for a first car; I love the way it drive, and can't wait to have it all to myself.

While it looks very nice, it'd just be cool to add a few little appearance changes to it; the silver color is a bit bland, and there are a few things that could make it look awesome.

So here's my car:

63037219.gif

I figured it'd look great in this color, or one close to it:

CC05_LXCS48_2DT_PB8_APA_XXX_XXX.jpg

With this grille:

mclarenpaintthumb.jpg

With the light blue emblem pictured here:

emblems0thumb.jpg

Back windows tinted like this concept LS:

p0001142.jpg

A blue neon plate frame like this one: (maybe more blue neon lights, but I doubt it)

LTGNF115.jpg

And new wheels like these: (apologize for the big pic)

309.jpg

My question for other LS enthusiastsis this: how would these mods look, and what else would look good in addition to/instead of these?

(The current V6 and other powertrain is perfectly adequate, considering I don't drive all that fast and don't really need the extra power. So I doubt I'd take anyone up on a performance mod suggestion unless they make a really good case for it.)

Thanks!

How 'bout this grille:

Unfortunately, it's no longer available.

Car in tree GRILLE 006.jpg

Ah, gotta love the Silver Frost LS. That color is great! One of the members here (Eleanor) has those particular wheels on his car. Here's a picture of his car:

311806_133_full.jpg

The LS looks great with a body kit on it. I like the LSE body kit. That's what I have on mine. Also, in the picture above the SVC LS has the LSE kit too. I don't know if the neon license plate frame would look all that good but it's your car and you personlize it how you see fit. Do what you like and have fun with it.

definately do NOT put that neon license plate frame on the car.

Any why do you need to paint it? the paint looks good from the picture. That silver is a hot color - although I have the LS in the color you want. view my garage. I also have the tinted windows (back and rear doors 95%, front doors 50%). Really sets the car off with dark glass.

Last edited:
Actually, the paint is kinda chipped on the driver's side mirror, the hood, and it needs some touching up on the back right side.

I wouldn't do the plate frame unless it's painted a different color; neon doesn't go well with light colors. Ditto for the blue emblem. Maybe if I couldn't get a good shade of dark blue, maybe black with a red plate frame and a red or black emblem? I dunno....

I don't know about the body kit; it doesn't look bad, but I don't know if it's worth spending the money on.

Shame about the grille, it really looked nice. I guess I'll look for a different one that looks similar; but if worse comes to worse, the stock grille doesn't look that bad. Just the McLaren one looks better. =)

And I probably won't get those exact wheels; we're probably getting new tires soon, so we'll probably end up keeping the stock wheels or buying new wheels at the tire place.

Thanks for all your input!

I love both colors, but I think those wheels would look better with silver you have. Which ever way you go, please don't slap any neon on it. Please...

Members online

No members online now.
Back