Performance Throttlebodys???

saint777

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
ok on my performance quest i am now at air/fuel. summit has these bbk throttlebodys one is a 70mm for 200$ and the other is a 75mm for 215 what should i get? i already have the LMS maf kit and chip and the exhaust is going on next week, also should i get higher flow injecters it the same time? if so what kind? and water kind of power will i expect from them? tanx -Steve.

ok on my performance quest i am now at air/fuel. summit has these bbk throttlebodys one is a 70mm for 200$ and the other is a 75mm for 215 what should i get? i already have the LMS maf kit and chip and the exhaust is going on next week, also should i get higher flow injecters it the same time? if so what kind? and water kind of power will i expect from them? tanx -Steve.

oh :q:q:q:q wronge place sorry guys!

oh :q:q:q:q wronge place sorry guys!

It's cool.
I prefer the Edelbrock 65 mm with spacer and cold air intake for looks and performance (or your Mass Air just for performance). 75mm is overkill on a 302 and it looks that same as a 65 mm :)

Don't do your injectors until you can do your pump at the same time.

Get a refund for your JetChip and spend the money on a timing light.

(
It's cool.
I prefer the Edelbrock 65 mm with spacer and cold air intake for looks and performance (or your Mass Air just for performance). 75mm is overkill on a 302 and it looks that same as a 65 mm )

Don't do your injectors until you can do your pump at the same time.

Get a refund for your JetChip and spend the money on a timing light.

JY,
I note that you suggest a timing light. Are you running spec. advance on your stock 302 HO's? 10 degrees isin't it? On my cars from the 50's and 60's I used to "cheat" and bump the advance up a couple of degrees which I thought I could feel. Never did that on my Mark though. What would you advise? :)

(

JY,
I note that you suggest a timing light.
Yup. My $300.00 JetChip only advanced the timing. I could have bought like six good timing lights and still had change left over.
Are you running spec. advance on your stock 302 HO's?
Only on the go fast car, which was just a regular 1989 LSC with all of the bolt ons.
10 degrees isin't it? On my cars from the 50's and 60's I used to "cheat" and bump the advance up a couple of degrees which I thought I could feel. Never did that on my Mark though. What would you advise? :)

10-15 deg BTDC or until it starts to ping :) Definately have to reset it to the high end before leaving the track though ;)

Yup. My $300.00 JetChip only advanced the timing. I could have bought like six good timing lights and still had change left over.

Only on the go fast car, which was just a regular 1989 LSC with all of the bolt ons.

10-15 deg BTDC or until it starts to ping :) Definately have to reset it to the high end before leaving the track though ;)

JY,
Thanks! Not going to the track. Just looking at what I might be able to get away with --- sorta for free. Now if you can fill us all in on the best place for a steak/cheese sandwich ----- ;)

Guys I said wrong place to thread cuz I have a 1997 mark 8 with the 4.6 not the mark 7 with the 5.0 sorry guys, but ill tell you what you guys seem alot cooler than them, my peers over in the mark8 section, Its like thir a bunch of chics in the same room at the same time at that time of the month:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I think im going to trade my 8 in for a 7 just to chill with you guys thanks -Steve:D

The VII is a nice car; but they're fading-out fast and it's hard to find one in the right condition...

Preservation and Maintenance (and thread HiJacking)

Guys I said wrong place to thread cuz I have a 1997 mark 8 with the 4.6 not the mark 7 with the 5.0 sorry guys, but ill tell you what you guys seem alot cooler than them, my peers over in the mark8 section, Its like thir a bunch of chics in the same room at the same time at that time of the month:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I think im going to trade my 8 in for a 7 just to chill with you guys thanks -Steve:D
hehehe
See? Now if ~I~ had said that, then ~some~ people would want my head on a stick. It would be like,
"The wise one speaks!"
"Mark 8 owners are poo poo heads!"
"KILL THE WISE ONE!"
The VII is a nice car; but they're fading-out fast and it's hard to find one in the right condition...
That's why I push so hard to teach people how to restore and maintain the Lincoln Mark VII. In fact, it's actually easier to find Mark VII's than it is to find Mark VIII's. When I ~do~ see a Mark VIII, it normally has well over 100,000 miles on the odometer and was not well cared for. It's a shame really because Mark VIII's are actually more RARE than Mark VII's.
Lincoln Mark VIII had production numbers of approximately:
1993 - 30,000
1994 - 26,000
1995 - 20,000
1996 - 13,000
1997 - 16,000
1998 - 17,000
That's only about 124,000 over six years compared to 192,000 over nine years with the Mark VII.

I like throttle bodies
Throttle bodies rock.
oldschool2017.sized.jpg

Yeah...I have one of each. There is something about that Mark VII body and push rod rumble...

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back