People will hate me for this thread.

I do like the Corps SSgt, I always make sure I am up with my customs and courtesies and I make sure that my uniform looks good and doesn't look like a disgrace. I always have a fresh hair cut and fresh shave.

I run a 1st class PFT and score well on the CFT, I make sure I stay in shape while I am home. My recruiter however, was transferred to Arizona, he no longer is a recruiter here in MA. He worked very hard to get me in, he just lied to me when he said I could go active.

You can go active with a GED. My roomate when I was a CPL at Lejeune didnt even have his GED until he was a CPL. Someone is giving you some bum scoop. Talk to your Plt Sgt or whatever NCO is directly above you about it if you want to go active. If they gaff you off tell them you want to talk to someone higher.

Stick it out, your entire career, weather its 4 years or 30, will have its ups and downs. Trust me I have had my share of ups and downs!

Every unit is different. I have been with some that sucked ass, and some that were incredible. Dont let a crappy unit make you think the entire Marine Corps sucks. As a reservist, your pretty much stuck with the unit your at, but if you can go active you will see that some units are great. The longer you stay in, the more rank you get, you have a ton more influence on what type of unit your in. Your unit can only be as good as its leaders, and the better leader you are can make your unit better not just for you, but for your Marines as well.

So keep your chin up, and carry a straw in your pocket if you need a reminder.

I did eight years in the navy, and the marines are part of the navy. Here's what I learned: Navy is actually an acronym for Never Again Volunteer Yourself. Marines would Stand for My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment Sir. I enlisted three days before I graduated from highschool, I did my time and got out honorably. You signed on the line, do the time. If you want to go active you can. Your in the marines for christ sake grow a friggin pair and talk to someone about going active. it isn't hard, just another contract you are going to have to sign and give up more of your life.

U Signed the Mother fcking Contract

U Suckers Missed Christmas

Arent Really Marines Yet

And yes were a "department" of the navy...... The mens department ;)

Arent Really Marines Yet

Thats funnny, we have something similar

Uncle Sam Ain't Released My Ass Yet

US ARMY

Arent Really Marines Yet

You can say what you want, but you still need us to get from point a to point b. I did sign the contract, and I am proud of it. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I just hate the people that piss and moan about having to do their job and how they got screwed around when they were to stupid to read the fine print.

OH CRY ME A FUGGING RIVER!

your the one that BROUGHT THE FUGGING SUBJECT UP.

Dont want people posting comments about your personal situation, then keep your personal DRAMA off the damed PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD.

You know man you have a lot of balls saying that, I am sorry but no matter what I do not deserve to be spoken to like that.

Now that I am in, I know the tricks they play. I have a full bird colonel (retired from the army) as well as a major general (1st cavalry retired army) putting pressure on this process once it gets rolling to get me what I want and what I was dicked out of before.

Go ahead and talk :q:q:q:q behind your computer screen but I have done nothing to you, and I do not deserve all these jokes being put up by all the users, it doesn't bug me , it's just a waste of my time.

Hey come on now, my weekend warrior is busting her ass over there. show a little love!:D

NO disrespect to those "weekend warriors" that are silently "doing their jobs".

I hope yours returns safely...SOON!

It does bug you, otherwise you wouldn't have replied to his post.

EVERYthing "I" say bugs him..it's obvious
he had to drag another person into another thread to "prove me wrong"..

now he's gonna drag the national guard into this thread because HE MADE A MISTAKE..and I said MEAN THINGS TO HIM...

Oh booofugginghoooooooo

*sniffles*

I just hate the people that piss and moan about having to do their job and how they got screwed around when they were to stupid to read the fine print.

Well said.. VERY well said.

and those the "believe everything they are told".. as well.
all in the same boat named the S.S. DUMBASSSSSSSSSSS

You can say what you want, but you still need us to get from point a to point b.

Your right dude, and honestly I dont see how you do it. I think I would lose my mind if I had to do another MEU. Ship life sucks ass, plain and simple. The best part is pulling into port and getting off the damn thing.

I like how people say one branch of the service is better then the others. Makes me giggle, last i checked them :q:q:q:qers over their want to kill all americans. Thats the problem with us, like to argue and bitch amongst ourselves. I know when I use to play war I didn't give a :q:q:q:q what branch you were in, if you needed help fixing something broke, needed water, some com support, mre's. We stopped and helped. Except for that cocky butter bar, he still might be stuck out in the mud, but the world is probably better off with him stuck their. Yeah, it pretty much comes down to, you signed it you deal with it, even though you got some :q:q:q:qty circumstances going. Like chadly said, suck the :q:q:q:q up. Bitching is a sign of weakness and that is not going to help you out at all. The more you bitch, the more they will just pass you off just to get rid of your ass. Your 1 guy bitching, at the end of the day, the chain probably has 40 more just like you, that makes you stand out for the wrong reason, don't be one of those people. GL, hope you cana go active.

Its like a family. When I was younger I used to bicker and fight with my siblings/cousins and that was fine, but let someone outside the family try to fuk with one of us and its a diferent story. Its all in good fun. And its useless to argue anyway, everyone knows the Marines are the best. ;)

Had my drill weekend from friday morning at 7 to sunday night, I won't lie I actually had some fun and enjoyed it. It made up for the nonsense.

Fired off 1500 rounds at the range (for some reason we brought 43k rounds for 40 people and we needed all the rounds gone), humped 10 miles to gas chamber, and did some night patrols with NVG's.

All in all pretty good weekend, maybe my new CO is trying to turn things around with my unit.

BTW XLRVIII I didn't bring wilson into that thread, I asked him if what was being said was true and he then decided he would make a post.

Like I said, why start :q:q:q:q? No need to, this is one of the least friendly forums I have been involved in and I have been on a lot but hey I am willing to stay, guess I have to deal with it , huh?

Yhea but it's the most honest one out there. People won’t' sugar coat things here. I wish the rest of the world was more blunt.

Now, you would be the FIRST EVER person I EVER heard of that was LIED to by a recruiter.. say it aint so!
(sarcastic smile)

Blah,been here a couple days and I have sig material:D
I was suppose to spend my Army time in Germany or Japan. Instead I spent it in the deserts of Texas & New Mexico and then to Saudi Arabia/Kuwait:p When in war time situation your guarantee's are void & you go where needed;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back