Peace out LvC - Sold the LS

bobslydel

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I loved the Lincoln and still do. Luckily one of my friends bought it so I can still see it :)

Bye bye LS:

DSC01349.jpg

The LS has been replaced by 2008 BMW 550i. So far I am loving this car.

DSC01336.gif

DSC01337.gif

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01339.gif

DSC01341.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

Thanks,
Bob Slydel

Sold my BMW's for a Lincoln

BMW Bring Money With You.

I enjoy my Lincoln much more than my old BMW's.

But I wish you luck with Your's:)

Awesome car man. Remove the satellite radio antennae and it would be perfect. (those things are ugly)

BMW Bring Money With You.

I enjoy my Lincoln much more than my old BMW's.

Yeah but Lincoln doesn't make a car in that/the LS' element at the moment. What do you do then? The MKS is a boat, and the MKZ is a economy car in luxury packaging. I think I'm going to get a BMW for my next car too, what other ways are there when you want to upgrade? (maybe a Lexus, but lots of those are old man cars too)

Thats a beautiful BMW, good luck with it. Looks like fun.

Great car, very nice. A lot better than what some other members have decided to get. I love the i-Drive, hope you enjoy it! Any plans for mods? You're right, Lincoln has crap out right now....

Beautiful Bimmer, interior color combination is one of the best. Looks like Carbon Black yea? That color is crazy.

Congrats, that's the best you can get in that size.

I think that antenna matches the whole shape of the car perfectly. The engine and the exhaust note on the 550i are just amazing.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the compliments. To answer some of the questions, I don't currently have any plans for mods but I said the same about my LS :)

It is the Sapphire Black Metallic not the Carbon Black. The I-drive has taken some getting used to but it is not too difficult. Maybe for old people it could be hard to understand. The car has some awesome features. Heads Up Display is sweet and the night vision is pretty cool too. I'm still learning new stuff about it every time I drive it.

Ya, Lincoln doesn't have anything that appeals to me right now. I considered getting an '06 LS for a little bit.

Anyways, I still love LSes, I just wanted something different.

Bob Slydel

My dad just picked up a 650 Convertible with nearly identical colors to yours. The technology in that thing is overwhelming even to me. It's not at a loss for power either, it's a rocket in all gears. Good luck with it.

You and Kelleyo both deserted for BMW 5's. Must be a trend.

I'm just curious but why did you choose the 550 over the 535? That 3L TT is an amazing engine! Pleanty of power and torque.

50-60 more hp for one. To me, nothing compares to V8 muscle. The 550 is also has stuff standard that the 535 only has as an option.

Then again, he would know better I guess. Maybe it was the only one on the lot with the color scheme he liked.

I'm just curious but why did you choose the 550 over the 535? That 3L TT is an amazing engine! Pleanty of power and torque.

Hey,

Ya I considered the 535 but I never drove one. I have heard the engine is amazing and a lot of people don't think the 550i is worth the 7-8k more than the 535i.

I was in the market for a slightly used car and the 550 is one of the ones available in my area. I love the bodystyle of the 550 and the wheels too. The V8 is awesome. After driving it I didn't even want to continue looking for a 535. I love the colors and it has every option I wanted.

So ya, if I was buying new I might have seriously considered the 535 for the price difference.

Later,
Bob Slydel

BMW = Bust My Wallet

Or backward, Wanted Mercedes Benz :lol:

Have a neighbor that used to race them and has 3 different M series. Well, his son has one of them. I was looking for a BMW when I ran across the LS.

Wow!!!

You traitor!...No, I'm just a hater! I sure hope you're single, if not, I hope you bought your wife one too!! Sweet ride! :cool:

Very nice car! I'd have to say that if I ever got rid of the LS I'd probably get a BMW. Nothing brand new of course but they have a lot of nice models out right now. One of my friends just pick up a 135i not to long ago. It's half the size of your 550i but it's a nice little car. And quick too! :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back