PCM reset methods??

Went there. It says to contact support and request the 2.3.5 test build. Which I did a day or two ago.
I found that thread on their forum and they apparently created it in '16. I don't understand why they wouldn't have had a link for it on their site by now.

...I found that thread on their forum and they apparently created it in '16. I don't understand why they wouldn't have had a link for it on their site by now.

Why not try version 2.3.29? It likely has everything 2.3.5 had and then some.
Download FORScan

Because according to Forscan's post on their forum....

"It seems we have quite unique situation with Lincoln LS' ABS module: simple DTC reset (that is usually absolutely safe operation) does reset of IVD parameters. As a result, ABS module now requires an IVD calibration service.

So, we have finally added AdvanceTrack IVD calibration functions for Lincoln LS 2000-2006. Specifically, 2 functions have been added:

- Calibrate Yaw Rate / Lateral Acceleration Sensor

- Calibrate Brake Booster / Steering Angle Sensor

The functions are added in v2.3.5. At this moment it not officially released, but everyone who needs it can request a test build from our support.

Well Luna I had same issues with my LS. And was able to do the recalibration of the yaw/lateral and booster/angle sensor with there forscan lite app on my phone and a cheap(ish) Bluetooth dongle. And that fixed my flashing advancetrack and other subsequent issues. Still good 2 weeks later. So whatever version they have in the app store right now, Works for what u seek.

Just checked, and it's version 2.3.29 like how said. And I'm just gonna also say what has been on my mind reading this whole thread. Joe you need to chill on the tone...you come off as a bit of a cocky know it all ass...but you do know your stuff. So hats off to you.

... Joe you need to chill on the tone...you come off as a bit of a cocky know it all ass...but you do know your stuff. So hats off to you.

Don't worry. My plan is to retire from this forum at 20,000 posts. I'm getting close...

Ahh ok that explains alot... Im a 3 Rd year automotive apprentice (stopped there because I like it better as a hobbies) and currently working on my red seal as an electrician. Where abouts to you jail from Joe? Might be doing a road trip soon down to those United States, hopefully snag some good wrecker bits along the way (if the cops don't pull me over for a noise violation ) I got straight pipes with an h pipe...front cats..that's it

All things must end eventually...
This site will never be the same again...not only do you help us... but you correct us when we are wrong...then steer us in the proper direction to fix the issues ... you will certainly be missed...please reconsider

flashing traction control light solved by simply running
- Calibrate Yaw Rate / Lateral Acceleration Sensor

- Calibrate Brake Booster / Steering Angle Sensor
im having trouble running the ABS bleed proceedure quits after first command to depress brake pedal

when running test suite ABS test passes but somthing must be up with the module as written in 2.3.5 your saying 2.3.29 is better ? i got a gen 1 3.9 sport when i look into the programming section i get very little options to change wondering if im suppposed to see more addresses and underneath functions to option on but im seeing very little as compared to gen 2

This site will never be the same again...not only do you help us... but you correct us when we are wrong...then steer us in the proper direction to fix the issues ... you will certainly be missed...please reconsider

Me thinks... that Joe is getting tired of some of the illogicy on this forum over the last couple years. I'm in that same camp.

Yes... it will be a sad day when Joe leaves this forum... because he has the most expansive knowlege of the LS electrical and computer systems.

There will definitely be a vacuum.

And I'm just gonna also say what has been on my mind reading this whole thread. Joe you need to chill on the tone...you come off as a bit of a cocky know it all ass...but you do know your stuff. So hats off to you.

Well when a person answers the same questions hundreds... if not more... times per year because no one wants to do the research on the forum......

Or when good, truthful, and accurate advice is given... and ignored....

When some are more concerned about how their LS looks... than how it runs or functions...

When some want to use cheap ass parts and then bitch about the LS being a POS...........

It gets VERY old after a while.

Last edited:
Me thinks... that Joe is getting tired of some of the illogicy on this forum over the last couple years. I'm in that same camp.

Yes... it will be a sad day when Joe leaves this forum... because he has the most expansive knowlege of the LS electrical and computer systems.

There will definitely be a vacuum.
No one can replace his knowledge of the Lincoln LS ...he has saved me thousands of dollars

Well you're past 20k now.

So when and where is the retirement party??? :)

I assume everybody is invited to your place??? :D

I don't know. Maybe I'll wait till I retire my last LS. I feel like that will be the next time it needs new tires.

Hey guys I bought a OBD2 eml327 v1.5 bluetooth dongle and it doesn't work on the ls gen 1 with carscanner app or other eml apps, I did some research and was told I need a ms+hs can bus for it to work on the LS. but I haven't tried forscan app yet, was told forscan auto detects the pins or something idk,, did some tests to verify if the dongle was a china knockoff and it turned out it was a real deal passed tons of commands and works on other cars but not much on fords.. Would like to have a bluetoooth one but PC has way more options with forscan and would this PC dongle work for the l gen 1 for forscan??
Amazon product ASIN B07S7W14X9

Or does anyone have info of a working " bluetooth" dongle for the ls gen 1 v8 for forscan
Thanks!

I've got the OBDLink MX made by Scantools and it works just fine and with Forscan on my 02 LS Sport. It's BT but their stuff is a bit on the higher end of the market. My particular one is discontinued now but they have other BT scanners both more expensive and cheaper than what I paid. They also have the USB types. They used to have a WIFI type as well but don't know if they still do though.

Members online

Back