Pause For A Second

postalUT

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
It's Spring again, my classes are over, and I have a lot of free time. So I decided to write a small ode to my car. In a world where we're paying 4 dollars per gallon for gas, it's truly hard to appreciate how fun driving is. When I was in High School, I can remember driving was the pinnacle of freedom. I've lost that along the way (after gas stopped being less then $2 a gallon). Recently, I have rediscovered the thrill of driving for no reason. Think about it. Driving allows us on an everyday basis to experience sensations that would never be possible without the help of a machine. True, it's not wise these days to spend every waking moment in our cars. It's not affordable. But today, go out to your car. Look at it. Think about how many thousands of man hours it took to design and build your vehicle. I know that there has not been one day I have walked up to my car and not thought how amazing it is. They are amazing pieces of machinery. Able to take us to places we could never reach on our own, both in a physical sense and a metaphysical sense. So today, go to your car, and drive it. For no reason other than to enjoy it. Put the windows down. Enjoy it.

This might be the craziest post I have ever written, but I think everyone feels this in some small way. I look forward to spending lots of time with my LS this summer and I plan to get back to my routes. I don't think cars should be machines that get you from A to B. It's the A to B that I enjoy the most.

Let me hear if you feel the same way

i use my lincoln ls for regional sales some people say im crazy but i love my car and i might not make alot of money some months but spending 220 a week on gas surely my taxes next year will make it worth it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back