PATS/Security Issue

nghtshd88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
This has happened a couple times already. The red light will start blinking with 1 second pauses out of no where as if the car is armed. Today the car was sitting unlocked for a day, I opened the trunk manually then doors and it went off. Before I would just hit the unlock button on the fob but now that doesnt unarm it.. I disconnected the battery for a bout 5-10mins and it did nothing except this time the button on the fob was able to unarm it afterwards. It seems to only when the temperature spikes.

Wasn't sure if key in the ignition would unarm it and didnt try the drivers door lock. Randomly my trip odometer will reset itself also. Besides some bad wiring im assuming this couls be pcm, bcm, guage cluster? Not sure or where to start..

Since it seems like this involves more than one module, I would look at the wiring first. I'd also check the condition of the battery. I have noticed that if you disconnect power and then reapply it, the perimeter alarm arms itself. I think that this is an intentional failsafe.

check the condition of the battery. I have noticed that if you disconnect power and then reapply it, the perimeter alarm arms itself. I think that this is an intentional failsafe.
Yes...yes...and absolutely yes...
It seems to only when the temperature spikes.
Might be worth breaking out the Multi-meter and checking voltage...also check the alternator

Members online

No members online now.
Back