Pats issue

Stinkin lincoln 1

LVC Member
Reaction score
So out of the blue car wont start looked for the light on the dash no light on pulled codes got the p1000 and p1260 code. Went and disconnected battery for a hour no luck checked grounds checked all fuses. Then I started reading still couldnt figure it out. The light on the dash started flashing rapidly indicating the pats issue so I waited for the rapid flashes to stop and counted 1 flash pause followed by 6flashes. I know a few of you knowledgeable guys on here can tell me what the flashes mean. I saw joegr posted he knew. Much thanks

Okay found the thread about topic above. So I went out and pulled #14 relay which I did earlier with no luck after swapping it for another. But I went out again and examined the area didnt see any corrosion but I decided to spray some compressed air just to try anything swapped relays again tried to start car nothing waited a second and she fired up. So I went back pulled again used some cleaner and diode grease dropped the hood started up again. Let idle for 8 mins turned on accessories let idle more drove around for 30 mins came back home turned off started again tried it 4 more times no issues. But here's my concern... Stopped at store 2 days ago did the same thing no start but after a min it started today was a 10 hour ordeal. Could this be a pcm on it's way out?

Okay found the thread about topic above. So I went out and pulled #14 relay which I did earlier with no luck after swapping it for another. But I went out again and examined the area didnt see any corrosion but I decided to spray some compressed air just to try anything swapped relays again tried to start car nothing waited a second and she fired up. So I went back pulled again used some cleaner and diode grease dropped the hood started up again. Let idle for 8 mins turned on accessories let idle more drove around for 30 mins came back home turned off started again tried it 4 more times no issues. But here's my concern... Stopped at store 2 days ago did the same thing no start but after a min it started today was a 10 hour ordeal. Could this be a pcm on it's way out?
so i had an issue very similar where the car would not start at times. soon it became worse and eventually sat for months because i simply couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. believe me i checked every single thing in that car and i sure hope this saves some lincoln owners some time and money. The problem turned out to be the Crankshaft Position Sensor. it was cracked and would not allow the car to fire up. I had taken the car into the dealership and they wanted me to change out the PCM for $1500, but the fix was a $15 part. good luck to you

I had the same sort of problem on a 2001 ls v8. Dealer said wasn't worth it to fix and they couldn't find a problem. Car completely mint 87,000 miles. Turned out to be the wiring harness in the passenger door pillar down where the seat-belt mechanism is. There was a bolt that had rubbed 4 or 5 of the wires until they finally shorted and was causing all kinds of problems. Took me all of a day to figure out the problem. Dealer....

I had the same no start rapid flash anti theft light. Turned out to be the gauge cluster and the immobilizer.

1-6 means PCM communication error. Could be corroded pins or shorted/frayed wires. Could be a fried PCM like mine. It's not a true PATS error though

I figured it out looked at the pcm relay didnt show signs of corrosion but sprayed and cleaned anyways put new relay in (which the old one was okay) went to start didnt start tried again and she fired right up. No issues since doing so. So I went one step farther went thru the whole car pulled all fuses and relays used crc electronic cleaner with dielectric grease to clean up did some fresh motorcraft coils new plugs did the same with cleaner and grease to every pig tail and shes running great again.

Buy new relays, they are dirt cheap. When mine did that I think the relay was $5.
It has been fine since the new relay.

Members online

Back