Passenger Headlight ?????

SuperCoupe007

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got a 97 Mark VIII and I noticed that the passenger headlight (HID, low beam) doesn't properly work. When I turn on the lights, the driver side turns on with no problem, but the passenger side light beeeearly turn on, seems like there is a candle in there. :confused: :confused: I removed the headlight but didn't know how to properly remove the hid bulb. I need every bit of help that I can get, since I have never worked on one of these cars, and the last thing I wanna do is break anything..
Thanks...

Ya buddie sorry to break it to you but it seems to me that you need a new balast and probly a whole new setup, I just checked with parts here at the dealer and they couldn't help me. But I know when I bought a pair of HID's for my 96 it was 800 bucks before my discount. So it looks like you might want to give Max a call at ford.

Lincolnpimpin::::: When I was removing the headlights, I think I only saw one big HID ballast with two plugs comming out of it :confused: . What I was thinking of doing was swaping out the HID bulbs and seeing if it does the same thing. If after swapping the lights the drivers side HID lights up, then I know that the bulb is good, but I guess I want to do this just for my peace of mind. Sooooooooo does anyone know how to remove the HID bulbs without me breaking anything ???????? :confused: :confused: :confused:
pics would be great,
Thanks.....
:)

SC007,

Remove the clear plastic cover over the HID Bulb by turning it counter clockwise (as you look from the rear of the Headlamp) ! There are three straight slot screws holding the HID Bulb in place ! If the bulb is still good , do not touch it (or clean with alcohol) ! Switching the Ballast wire and connector is the easiest way to check the HID Bulb !

Good Luck,
Sonny

Sonny Day Out:::::::
When I removed the headlight a couple of days ago, I nocited those 3 flat screws but didn't know if they were for the leveling or not, so I decided not to mess with it. I will go out and just switch the ballast plugs.
What usually goes out in the ballast ??? Are they hard to find parts ? Where else besides the dealer ?
Thanks...

OK... I swaped the HID plugs, and the driver headlight still turns on with no problems. The passanger still lights up as if it had a candle in it.
I am pretty sure that the HID bulb in the passenger side headlight is the one that is bad. Where could I buy a HID bulb besides the dealer, and how much do they usually go for???
Thanks...

Members online

No members online now.
Back