Passenger door ajar warning

JamesB4115

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been having this problem with my car for while.. the front passenger door will randomly sound like its lock/unlocking and the dash says "passenger door ajar". I figured it may be the lock actuator or loose wiring but before I take it to the dealership and spend $500 to diagnose and replace I'd ask the professionals at LVC.

That one's kind of odd. The symptom of the door ajar warning is common enough, and is almost always the latch assembly, but I don't think that I have heard of it trying to lock or unlock associated with that. I guess it could still be the latch assembly, or some wiring shorting out, or a problem with the REM.
What year is your LS?

Okay, so it's an 06.
The good news is that the 2nd gen front passenger latch assembly is still available. The bad news is that just the part is $265 (discounted).

That sounds like a trip to the junkyard to me. It may be worth getting a JY part for immediate use and then try to open up your faulty one and see if you can diagnose and fix it.

That one's kind of odd. The symptom of the door ajar warning is common enough, and is almost always the latch assembly, but I don't think that I have heard of it trying to lock or unlock associated with that. I guess it could still be the latch assembly, or some wiring shorting out, or a problem with the REM.
What year is your LS?
Was confused when he said it was locking and unlocking but I bet its the latch assembly.

Sorry been too busy to reply. Yeah, im not sure if its locking and unlocking but it makes a noise, maybe opening and closing the latch assembly. And yeah, ive priced them. I found one for 180ish. But thats too damn expensive. I've been on the hunt at JYs but no luck yet. It pisses me off because it kills my battery. Any temporary fix suggestion? Like unplugged my neg on the battery over night to keep it from dying??

... It pisses me off because it kills my battery. Any temporary fix suggestion? Like unplugged my neg on the battery over night to keep it from dying??

Unplug the electrical connector at the door latch assembly. Lights will go out after 20 minutes and stay out till another door is opened.

Members online

No members online now.
Back