Passanger Wiper rubber Piece

pkerrigan21

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

After searching for about 20min for the thread that would address this issue, I had no luck - I remember seeing it about a week ago, but wasn't sure if it was on here or not.

Basically below is a picture of the underpart to where my wiper arms attaches to my car. The rubber part is supposed to stop water from leaking into my engine. Found out after doing a water test (which I thought was from here), that this small connection was the issue - caused my misfires.

You can see the part is warn. Can I just use silicon/sealant to close this up against the bottom of the wiper arm under the hood? I am working on this in about an hour, so any help is great.

Thanks guys

ss.jpg

Program 07N09 covers this under warranty - wiper motor gasket. I'm not sure as to the limitations of the program. Perhaps Joe will bring those up.

Program 07N09 covers this under warranty - wiper motor gasket. I'm not sure as to the limitations of the program. Perhaps Joe will bring those up.

Only if the OP has a 2003. Only coils are covered for 2004 and 2005.

I am looking more of how should i fix this? Should I just use a sealant/silicone on the gasket to seal it to the top, or completely replace the part? - I already changed my coils and such, just have to finish this before taking it out of the garage

I am looking more of how should i fix this? Should I just use a sealant/silicone on the gasket to seal it to the top, or completely replace the part? - I already changed my coils and such, just have to finish this before taking it out of the garage

I haven't tried it, but I would think that good silicone should work.

I just went and purchased some foam material from the dealer (actually it was free). Made my own gasket that I wrapped around the outside of the piece you saw in the above picture. I then found out that my gasket underneath the hood/window cover called the cowl was damaged. Did the same thing there and walla it is all sealed up!

Members online

Back