Parts

Marine

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy upper control arms. Keep in mind that I live in Hawaii and shipping sucks out here. I also need spark plug wires, and no offense geno, but I dont have 350 bucks to spend on em.

Marine said:
Where is the best place to buy upper control arms. Keep in mind that I live in Hawaii and shipping sucks out here. I also need spark plug wires, and no offense geno, but I dont have 350 bucks to spend on em.

Give Max at 5 Star Ford a call 1-800-866-1520 ext. 236.....prices can not be beat, tell him you are from LvC. :Beer

DONE! called up Max and ordered them. Now I have to put them on....

Marine said:
DONE! called up Max and ordered them. Now I have to put them on....

Glad I could help.....it is a VERY easy installation process. If you need help you can give a holla and I am sure someone will be able to help ya out.....if not me. I have done this several times on the 93-96's I have owned..... :Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
Glad I could help.....it is a VERY easy installation process. If you need help you can give a holla and I am sure someone will be able to help ya out.....if not me. I have done this several times on the 93-96's I have owned..... :Beer

i bought mine when you told me to , and that was 2 months ago, im finally putiing them in tomarow, still not looking forwerd to it.

Markviiiedrea said:
i bought mine when you told me to , and that was 2 months ago, im finally putiing them in tomarow, still not looking forwerd to it.

Dude....you have my number, give me a call. It is EXTREMELY easy to do this. It took me about 4 hours to do both sides the first time I did it, and about 2 hours (including eating lunch) to do both sides the second time. :Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
Dude....you have my number, give me a call. It is EXTREMELY easy to do this. It took me about 4 hours to do both sides the first time I did it, and about 2 hours (including eating lunch) to do both sides the second time. :Beer

i had them done today cost me 30 a side some things im willin to pay for not haveing to do it, but i watched him it dint look to hard. i tried callin you but it said your phone was disconected , call me.

can you gimme the lowdown on doing it? I also have to replace the motormounts, and figured it might be easy to do it all at the same time. Should I do the struts too??

Marine said:
can you gimme the lowdown on doing it? I also have to replace the motormounts, and figured it might be easy to do it all at the same time. Should I do the struts too??
motor mount "shuters run down my back" um live with it,
well the tires , come off diconect master cylinder remove moduel unbolt top of strus and bottom un do bolt for control arms pull out replace, the other side is the same but you dont have to move a master cylinder3 hours tops + a case of beer 5 hours

Markviiiedrea said:
motor mount "shuters run down my back" um live with it,
well the tires , come off diconect master cylinder remove moduel unbolt top of strus and bottom un do bolt for control arms pull out replace, the other side is the same but you dont have to move a master cylinder3 hours tops + a case of beer 5 hours

Man.....you did more work that you needed. You do NOT have to unbolt the bottom of the struts. :Beer

Marine said:

Try this to R&R the front struts. But, you do NOT have to remove the bottom bolt from the strut. All you have to do is once you have released the air from the strut, just press down on the top of it, and after it passes thru the strut tower pull it towards you out of the way of the bolts for the upper control arms.

If you have the cash, you might as well do the struts, just call Max again and order the Gen 2 struts. They are supposedly better than the Gen 1's. If you are going to do the struts too, then I would wait to do the control arms until you have the struts....that way you do not have to go thru most of the same things more than once.

The motor mounts are easy. You will need a floor jack, a good one, not the factory supplied POS. You will also need something a lil softer than the normal jackin surface.......so you do not dent anything on the engine. You have to take some of the pressure off of the motor mounts by jacking up the engine a bit, remove the bolts....they will be a ROYAL PITA to get to, but you can do it. Make sure to disconnect the positive battery terminal since you will be in close proximity to the starter so you do not shock the livin hell out of yourself.

Hope this helps a bit.
:Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
Man.....you did more work that you needed. You do NOT have to unbolt the bottom of the struts. :Beer

what ever, it made it easyer. its done for a total of 240, they got done, im happy to bad the front still shakes! oh well

Thanks fellas, I'm gonna tackle this tomorrow, I think I'm gonna do it all at once, since im already there. Pray for me. I got my dash cover in from dash mats, it looks nice! :wave

Members online

No members online now.
Back