Parts Wanted Section, Fruitful???

Have had better luck posting in the Parts for Sale section as people actually look there. Even though it's not the correct place for it.

if your wanting to make a WTB (want to buy) post, as in asking if anybody has a certain part, posting over there is a great place for that because, as mentioned, thats where people will look for that. and the traffic over there is a lot slower so your post will stay on the first page a lot longer and need to be bumped to the top less...

however, lets say you have a totaled car that you are looking to part out, i would probably post it here first, mostly because of the higher traffic over here means many more people will see it, and with more people seeing it, its more likely that the right people will come across it. also with more people interested, it usually gets more comments and will also stay on the front page awhile.

i would say its a fair bet that a pretty big percentage of the members here dont often get out of their main sub forums, the LS guys stick to this section, the mark guys mostly stick to their section, and lets face it, there are not a lot of people in any of the other sections... 22,040 threads in the mark VIII alone, 30,458 in the LS section here, and a grand total of 37,843 in every other sub forum combined...

personally, if it was me, I would post in both areas... this site doesn't get all crazy with stuff posted in the wrong areas like some of the forums I frequent. the worst thing that will happen if you post it in the wrong area would be no interest and it falls of the front page. and the more people that see it, the better chance you have of selling/finding what you need.

Members online

No members online now.
Back