Parting out my 2000 lincoln ls v6

THIAGO

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, unfortunately I'm going to have to part out my 00 lincoln LS V6. My transmission isn't doing so well and i cannot justify putting 4 thousand into a car that is only worth maybe 3. Since this is my first car that i plan to part out, i would like to know which parts are worth parting out and trying to sell. Any input would be appreciated. thanks.
*edit*i live in hawaii. Best shipment methods would be flat rate boxes. Parcel post isn't to expensive so some parts may be doable*

What color is it? cause I could use both fenders if in good shape.

high rule, its black exterior , gray interior, I will be posting pics soon . I think that the W.V shipping charges would be too expensive to ship. If there is any part that you need other than that i can part it out. I'm going to keep my car in the garage for a year and then have it sent to scrapyard after Im done parting it out.

Would you check to make sure? Other then that, I think that's all I could use since I have an 03

To bad you live there. Or else I'd buy
The whole car from you and pick it up.
But I'd like to have the..
Tailights
Headlights
Back bumper
Sunroof motor
Front grill
Front shocks
Rims
All hell, how much do you want for the
Whole car as it sits?...

Why would you have to put 4000 into it to fix trans. Buy a boneyard trans for 500-600 and have someone RnR it for 500 MAX. Fixxed for around 1000. Oh shoot just noticed your from HI might be hard to find parts there.

Found one as cheap as 450 in CA. Wonder how much shipping would be.

WEll this probably is unreasonable due to the size, but I would be interested in the rear seat bottom(not the backs). Thats huge and would probably suck to ship though.

WEll this probably is unreasonable due to the size, but I would be interested in the rear seat bottom(not the backs). Thats huge and would probably suck to ship though.

Just do a junkyard search in your area you will find one close.

There is no junkyard in Hawaii that has the transmission. I have Replaced my valvebody and solenoid. Neither Fixed my issue. I need to have One reliable car. i live 1 mile from work so i have just been biking it. Im just looking for a car for when the kids have appointments across the island. Military will only ship one car back to the mainland so im just going to buy a another car. I been looking at a 2006 toyota highlander. I have done a lot of work on this car myself Thanks to this forum. I have changed out sparks, upper radiator hose, solenoid, valve body, clockspring , struts, o2 sensors, window regulator X3. you name it i have done it thanks to this forum. But it is time for me to realize that a 2000 lincoln ls will only loose value and its getting to the point where I'm done trying to keep it up. I've owned it since 06 with 60k miles and now im at 144k miles. Maybe one day i will buy an 06 down the line when i get back to the mainland

If anyone is interested in any parts , feel free to email me at at2fernandes@gmail.com. Again , unfortunately im shipping from Hawaii. any big parts might not be worth getting from me

There is no junkyard in Hawaii that has the transmission. I have Replaced my valvebody and solenoid. Neither Fixed my issue. I need to have One reliable car. i live 1 mile from work so i have just been biking it. Im just looking for a car for when the kids have appointments across the island. Military will only ship one car back to the mainland so im just going to buy a another car. I been looking at a 2006 toyota highlander. I have done a lot of work on this car myself Thanks to this forum. I have changed out sparks, upper radiator hose, solenoid, valve body, clockspring , struts, o2 sensors, window regulator X3. you name it i have done it thanks to this forum. But it is time for me to realize that a 2000 lincoln ls will only loose value and its getting to the point where I'm done trying to keep it up. I've owned it since 06 with 60k miles and now im at 144k miles. Maybe one day i will buy an 06 down the line when i get back to the mainland

If that's the case, maybe you can sale it to '00 lincoln ls6 and have the military ship it. That way it's free shipping and you're getting money for the car and he can part it out to us and get his money back. Unless you're going to have the military ship the car you're looking at.

LOL Just a thought.

If that's the case, maybe you can sale it to '00 lincoln ls6 and have the military ship it. That way it's free shipping and you're getting money for the car and he can part it out to us and get his money back. Unless you're going to have the military ship the car you're looking at.

LOL Just a thought.

LOL I like the way you think HighRule.. That would be an ideal way to do it.
But like you said. He might be saving that for his new ride.

The military will only ship one car for free up to the next location. plus it has to be in full working condition and drivable. and this is two years from now. i kind of need a car for the next 24 months. Im tired of having to borrow a car for those twice a month grocery shopping and an occasional appointment 30 minutes a way. Other than that i been riding my bike to work. I live on base and there isnt high traffic here. it kind of sucks parting out a car and shipping from hawaii. its kind of expensive but i will bend the price on bigger items to possibly offset the shipping.

I'll ask my local UPS and FedEx what it would cost for shipping from there. Cause you never know, it might be cheaper then we think.

Well..... A new transmission is cheaper than a new car. The value of a car you're keeping is really irrelevant. Our V6 has almost 180K miles and is still going strong. The trans is most likely your last major repair for a long while. Especially as you don't drive much........ Like you really could on a smallish island ;)

For the fenders it would be around $100-$135 for shipping.

Thanks for trying to help out.

Members online

Back