Part #'s and Special Tool to Remove Hoses from DCCV and Auxiliary Water Pump to Metal Heater Lines

2005 Lincoln LS V8

LVC Member
Reaction score
If it's not one thing it's another re: the 2005 LS V8 Cooling System.
I recently replaced the Degas Bottle (Factory Ford OEM) and now most of my hoses are leaking.
Primarily the two of the three hoses connecting the DCC Valve and Auxiliary Water Pump to the Metal Heater Lines. See Attached Photo:

Does anyone have the Part numbers and the type of tool to remove the high pressure end connectors from the metal heater lines?

Appreciate the support!

upload_2019-8-12_21-17-17.png

Last edited:
Are you sure that the hoses themselves are actually leaking and not the DCCV and/or aux pump? I've had those leaks, but so far not the hoses themselves.
If you are certain, no tool is really needed (just squeeze in the right places), but this might work:
www.amazon.com/Great-Neck-OEM-27106-Disconnect/dp/B004FEHZB4/ref=pd_sim_auto_10?ie=UTF8&refRID=14Y5MR0YCZCDVBP2NQP0

The plastic connectors will almost certainly break in the process at their age. Count on buying all three hoses.

Please do note that as soon as you fix this/these leak(s) that another plastic part will start leaking once the system tries to pressurize again. A long time ago we all learned that you have to replace ALL the plastic cooling system parts at the same time. This may or may not include your radiator. Speaking of which, make sure that it is not really your radiator leaking. The radiator leaks start at the front of the radiator on the passenger side, where hot coolant from the upper radiator hose hits the front wall of the tank.

Thanks JOEGR and sorry for the delay..
They're leaking from those weird connectors. (I'll need two as one was replaced already.)
In addition, the long small diameter hose from the Degas Bottle to the Thermostat Out

I hear you re: replacing ALL coolant related components. The Coolant leaking saga started while I was working out of town for a year or so; had the wife take it to a mechanic and had the Thermostat Outlet and Pipe replaced along with the bottom Radiator hose and one of the heater hoses. FYI. Over the phone the mechanic kept trying to convince me he was an expert on T-Birds and LS's cooling issues. We all know how that turned out.....

So far, the radiator is fine.. for now anyways.. I did purchase a new DCCV and Main Water pump a while back haven't installed yet..

Appreciate the support...

Is there a part number for those 2 aux hoses? Looking for them while motor is out..

I hear you re: the cooling system: Joegr is correct!
I have the sport model.

Good luck in chasing down the factory hoses as most have been discontinued.
Also, there may be a Jaguar equivalent (Don't quote me on that)
However, there is one saving grace; If you find an aftermarket version e.g. gates or another brand, they don't always have the quick release connectors; but you can still purchase the Quick Release connectors individually and use a hose clamp; Original Part # XC2Z-18B402-AA Superseded by Part # KT-86

I've uploaded the DCCV Diagram w/ Hoses from www.FordParts.com
Hope it helps

Attachments

• Lincoln LS DCCV Hose Diagram PDF.pdf
    186.5 KB · Views: 66
Hey great find on just the connector!
I had not seen this separately before and it will be handy for sure.

It looks like one hose is still available at FPG with connector:
3W4Z-18N345-AB
3W4Z-18N344-BB
3W4Z-18N344-AB

Last edited:
I'll be surprised if they have it. FPG and Tasca have a habit of saying things are "in stock" when they aren't. Try calling your dealer first.

I'll be surprised if they have it. FPG and Tasca have a habit of saying things are "in stock" when they aren't. Try calling your dealer first.
Yes I've ordered things from them that they say they have, then they cancel it cause they don't have it, but it stays listed. Idiots, lol

If you can get the hoses apart at the connector, you MAY get lucky and replace just the o-rings.

When you re-install the hoses, lube the o-rings with a little coolant.

Tasca is not a Ford dealer. They are a "third party supplier" that orders parts from dealers, at a slight discount to customers.

Tasca also handles GM, Volvo, Chevy and other makes of factory parts... And all parts are "drop shipped" from whatever dealer Tasca went through.

Members online

Back