Parking Brake Module Code

CTX-SLPR

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday driving home from work the service parking brake light came on and I took it to the dealer. Since I have a Ford warantee on the car I thought this would be covered. Turns out its not, and its my fault since I only got the basicare warantee. So they reset the code and I'm about to go pick it up and hope it doesn't come back. But if it does.... what do you think? Its a ~$300 part and even from Maxx thats significant. Is it even something I can install myself?

Thanks,

Well yesterday driving home from work the service parking brake light came on and I took it to the dealer. Since I have a Ford warantee on the car I thought this would be covered. Turns out its not, and its my fault since I only got the basicare warantee. So they reset the code and I'm about to go pick it up and hope it doesn't come back. But if it does.... what do you think? Its a ~$300 part and even from Maxx thats significant. Is it even something I can install myself?

Thanks,

Sounds like the ABS module. If it is, it will need to be replaced as the light will come back on and the parking/emergency brake won't work.

Members online

No members online now.
Back