Parking brake cover

Ben's LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
anybody know how to get the leather cover on the parking brake in a gen 1 LS to stay in place? it keeps popping out everytime i use the parking brake. it looks like it should snap in but i cant seem to get it. my dad has the same car as me and his does the same thing.

i have the same problem. any help on this would be fantastic

Chances are, the plastic clips are broken and in which case you will have to get a new one or gorilla glue some new plastic clips onto it somehow. Mine does the same thing but the plastic on the bottom of the boot is broken into several pieces as well as a clip, so I gotta get to a junk yard at some point and get one.

Duct tape ;) actually , where's it popping off ? When I took mine off there was a zip tie inside the leather on the end and it was fairly old and crusty. It might have snapped.

i dont really see any clips besides the black plastic base of the leather. and i dont see any zip ties either. when i look at it it really doesnt look like there is anything broken off and missing

Mine does the same thing. I did find a broken clip on mine in the front center (possibly other clips too, need to take a better look). The dealership told me they only sell that part with the complete emergency brake setup (arm, cables, mounts, boot etc) at $410. I think I will have to pull the whole center console and check it out. Gluing it in place to the console prior to reassembly may make it difficult to get the center console reinstalled...

My did the same thing. U can use velcro tape or the tape that hold up the ez pass box. That what I used.

front clip broken off

the front edge plastic tension arm is broken off, you can usually find it below when you pull off the entire cover. if you find it, use plastic epoxy (high strength) to reattach the arm. I cut a separate piece of plastic and laid it across the broken edges and epoxied it also to create a better bond. After setting 24 hours to cure, reinstalled the cover, no problems sense.

thanks tireman i will have to give that a try

Members online

No members online now.
Back