Painting back side of gauge cluster

ArabianNight

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I'm new to this group just got me a 01 LS 3.9 so far I'm in love with it one thing I hate is the green lighting for the gauges and all other buttons so I'm in the process of changing everything over I'm putting in blue leds for the gauge cluster and planning on installing the white faces on them my question is when u remove the green tint from the back of the face I assume the white will come off as well if ur not careful so I was considering removing everything and painting the back in a blue so during the day the face would be white with blue numbers has anyone attempted to do this yet and if so what type of paint did u use to allow the lights to shine threw any tips or recomondations would be helpful thanks

I've been on his page and saw all the work he's done for himself and others and very impressive everything looks good but haven't seen or read anything about painting gauges but I'll Def shoot him a message and see if he has done or experimented with painting gauges

I think this looks better than painting your white gauge cluster it looks like an SVT cluster I'm happy with it.

uploadfromtaptalk1379618652284.jpg

That does look great and my main goal is to just change the green leds to blue and remove the green tint my only concern is whme removing the green tint will it remove the white for the actual numbers i changed the led for the dimmer switch and attempted to remove the green tint after removing the sticker face and k lost the lil icon picture so not all I have is a clear lil square I removed everything. Is the rear of the gauge cluster the same way if so and i remove the white i was considering and thinking of painting them blue as a back up

Members online

Back